Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today we had a pretty bad Ice/Freezing Rain Storm. We had no power for most of the day, and luckily it came back on tonight. Some surrounding area's still don't have power, and have been projected to not have it for 2-8 days. Hopefully mwt will check in here and give us his schpeel. Anyway, here's some of the damage, and tree's are constantly cracking and falling all around us all day under the weight of the ice.

:noes:
Hopefully the power doesn't go out again...
:noes:

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
pffft, tomorrow ya'll have tornados :lol2:

Be careful driving around in that crap.

BTW: What car are you driving in the pics?, I know it's not Sabrina

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "Silver Citizen"
('07 Grand Marquis LS)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
G'lord. I'm checkin this out on the weather channel, too. Haven't really been paying much attention. When is it supposed to pass?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonight, Tomorrow, Wednesday.
No one really knows.

It's not good.
It's still raining right now, and supposed to all through the night, and its supposed to freeze also.

EDIT:
Hopefully Mike (mwt) and his family is alright, he's South of me about 10-20 (? I think?) miles, and AFAIK is pretty rural.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I talked to mwt earlier. He's got no power at all, all the trees snapped at his house. He's staying at some family member's house at the moment. No power estimated till next week at the earliest.

Stay warm guys and be careful!

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
if yall get tired of ice come down here... im sure we will never get another ice storm... its almost like 80 freaking degrees down here, i hate it, its supposed to be cold :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
we've had rain all day, but now it's ice, so if you are keeping score at home that's ice over rain. that particular combination = teh suck, and yeah, my car is dead presumably from the crap weather messing with something, who knows, most likely will be towed to a shop tomorrow morning cuz i can't go without it

stay safe everyone!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I hope all of you guys stay warm and safe.

2000FFV,
Love the pic of the black Taurus and the silver Grand Marquis, nice choice!

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
It got crazy warm here today... :huh:

Looks like it's heading my way though! :noes:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
tree ox my house and chimney at inlaw everone is fine posting from my phone win mobile Sucks Mike

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Since no one cared about my drunk looking post at 1:30 in the morning, I will give the short verison.

Ice storm came.

Demolished a whole lot of Old Old Old trees.

Some of them hit my house.

No power

Staying at in laws because they had a wood stove and no electricity.

Now they have electricity but I don't

Internet is barely working at work

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
We've been riding a weather roller coaster down here. We had record highs last week, then dropped 40 degrees overnight. It rained, fogged, misted, jumped back up to records highs again (in the 80's), the plunged again to 40 and rainy. Fuggin sucks.

Be careful out there y'all.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:eyecrazy:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
It hit 86 here a couple days ago. About 75 right now. It is supposed to rain tomorrow but I won't be complaining.

By the weekend we should have highs in the 40s.
[/b]
:ugh: I enjoy the temp, but these drastic temperature+humidity changes are really messing up my sinuses.

Glad you got some kind of internet access Mike and you guys got a place to keep warm.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike if you see this and haven't heard, we are supposed to have 6" of snow coming Friday.

A lot of people still don't have power, and we most likely are going to be hit again.

:angryfire:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts