Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i am a little late posting these as i took most of these pics while the forum was getting updated but here they are:

First off ice fangs!

lol it was cooler in person.

next SHO Seats!!

I absolutely love them they def hold you you in place better!

now for my question, i noticed this harness behind my headlight switch anybody know what it is for? i was thinking maybe trac control?

i also have some pics of the "family" lol

they are not all present but here i think are my favs all but the stupid pontiac cant wait to sell it lol

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I love how 4th gens have about 100 different shades of tan on the interior. Makes seat swapping a cinch, since basically any color tan will work.

Did you swap front and rear seats? What kind of shape is your stock rear seat in? I'm pondering doing a leather swap in my car, and am leaning towards the early g4 "cream" leather seats. Trouble is, it's a bitch and a half to find any in good shape.

RARR!! ice fangs ftw.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i did front and rear seats my stock rear seat is in much better shape than the sho one but i wanted them all to match as far as i can remember it only had one little dime size spot that looks like it was profesionaly repaired. i cant believe how heavy the back of the back seat is though.

yeah actualy if you look closely at the pics my seat trim doesnt match. on the drivers seat you can see the part by the seatbelt is more the color of the seat that is the sho seat trim color. then on the other side of the seat it is much darker and that is from the g4 seat. also because of the power pass seat it has all sho trim so the trim/switches dont match between the seats either

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If I ever find some gray SHO leather seats...I wouldn't mind going the route coneynew did with the 6 passenger/flip fold leather interior.

What about with all the safety features, sensors, pretensioners, etc? How did you work around that?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Mar 9 2009, 02:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706911
If I ever find some gray SHO leather seats...I wouldn't mind going the route coneynew did with the 6 passenger/flip fold leather interior.

What about with all the safety features, sensors, pretensioners, etc? How did you work around that?[/b]
There's a silver SHO in my local junk yard with gray leather seats the only problem is the passenger seat isn't power but it does have electronic lumbar... so its a 96

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you read my how-to i think it is pretty clear it would have been easier (i think) if i could have kept the drivers side base from the sho but it all worked out and all of the safety feature (except taller headrests) are in place and functioning

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62454

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
So just some slight fabrication, interesting. As long as the pretensioners still work properly in the event of an accident, great looking modification man B) There's gota be a way to remove the handles without snapping them.

How did the backseat end up fitting?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
back seat fits perfect only thing is the little trim piece for the center shoulder belt no longer fits correctly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts