Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on another post that the DOHC engine for this car doesn't have an IAF. That seems to be true as I can't find one; however, I am getting a check engine light, and the diagnostic code indicates IAF circuit high input? I just changed spark plug wires and plugs, for which I had to take off the upper intake manifold. In the process I had to take off a bunch of wires and vacuum hoses. I think I got them back on OK, but I am getting the check engine light now; other than that the engine is running fine.. If there isn't an IAF, what would be up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (rudedog @ Jun 2 2009, 11:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729819
Qwerty, that's the IAF = I Am Fu cked sensor, you know the one that throws a light when there's a vacuum leak or something simple like a semi-plugged in connector.

Sorry man, just in the mood tonight for some Rudy internet sarcasm that I'm getting famous for. :D

There is no, IAF sensor, that I've ever heard of. IAT maybe, is Intake Air Temperature sensor, located usually in the air intake tract between the air box and throttle body, or even on the upper intake manifold. IAC is Idle Air Control, is a valve, usually located on or near the throttle body, it regulates idle speed and stuff. I'd go back and recheck all that was done, connections, wiring, then clear the codes drive it for a while and see if it comes back.[/b]

Sorry, I meant IAT. I cleared the code, and it hasn't come back, but the engine runs rough occasionally and it misfires (the check engine light flashes) when I really get on it-if that really applies to a Sable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts