Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a 3.0 l iac and a 3.8 cuz they both have the same hole and base but not the same lenght

just wondering and what are the symtom

cuz my car sometime when i start it

it rev up a bit too much and stay there for like 15 sec and when i put in in drive it kind like somebody pressing the gaz i have too press a bit more on the brake

and some time like 2 day ago itwas wet and when i started the car it started the car and stop in a second for like 20 time but if i kept the gas pressed it was ok up until a realease it

wire cap rotor sparkplug are all brand new and coil too

any help here would be appreciated

:unsure:

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Make sure the electrical connector is making good contact. Give the male contact a slight twist with a needle nose pliers. If that doesn't help then try taking the IAC off and spraying some carb cleaner in it. Otherwise you will have to replace it.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as soon as i got the car i did clean it but i was running ok up until the rain that fall on us

it happend to me twice on a wet day each

now ive got a iac from a 3.0 v6 a bit bigger than mine but lol it seen to work and the car is more prime ?

wow im lost here let just hope when it rain it start lollllllll

or winter is gonna be fun :angry:

so is the iac from a 3.0 L v6 can i put it on a 3.8 L v6 ?
that was the real question cuz here at all the scrap there is no 3.8 iac lolllllll

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Did you try cleaning up the connector and "tweaking" it like SHOZ123 said? The connector is usually the problem. Also try spraying the contacts w/ WD-40 to drive out the moisture and ensure a good clean connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts