Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

I Want To Be The First To Try....

3K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  SableSal 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys...

You have people on here like Brad for one, who has the look of the SHO with a Duratec Motor. I was wondering if I could do a SHO front on my Sable. I was just wondering what it's going to take. I know a few things Im going to have to get. Im going to list them here....

1. Bumper Cover (SHO)
2. Headlights
3. Turn/Park Signals
4. Hood
5. Fenders

Thats all I can think of right now. Anyone know what else I will need? I am sooo willing to do this soon. Let me know guys. Thanks

Sal

#3 ·
Don't forget the color matched running boards as well as the rear lower valance. There are three peices to the front. The bumper cover, the lower valance and there is a piece that goes under that that makes it look really low.

G
#6 ·
Brad PM me with a price on the radiator support.

I am soo set on doing this. It should be done by end of this fall. Also, JR said something about NOT needing the fenders. Can someone second that? Thank you

Sal

#10 ·
Go for it, I think it will look Sweet!

Oh yeah, you will want to go with either a junkyard SHO bumper cover or buy an OEM replacement cover. Just ask Brad about why you shouldn't buy the aftermarket (non-OEM) covers for the SHO.

G
#12 ·
Originally posted by SHOMAN@Aug 23 2004, 03:44 PM
Have you ever saw the V8 with the Gen 4 front end ??, It's not a myth, because someone welded the cams, the guy just changed the whole front clip
Yep, I've seen that. Eric Lehmann out in IL welded the cams on that one.

Someday though, I'd like to see a G4 V8 swap. I like the interior much better than the G3. Kind of a stupid reason for swapping, but I'm not exactly known for not doing stupid stuff. :)

G
#13 ·
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Aug 24 2004, 04:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Aug 24 2004, 04:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SHOMAN@Aug 23 2004, 03:44 PM
Have you ever saw the V8 with the Gen 4 front end ??,  It's not a myth, because someone welded the cams, the guy just changed the whole front clip
Yep, I've seen that. Eric Lehmann out in IL welded the cams on that one.

Someday though, I'd like to see a G4 V8 swap. I like the interior much better than the G3. Kind of a stupid reason for swapping, but I'm not exactly known for not doing stupid stuff. :) [/b][/quote]
Just swap a gen 4 interior into a gen 3.. :p

G
#19 ·
The hood and front bumper cover is going to be re-painted. I might be spraying this at home. I used to do body work... Im just afraid if my spray gun is still cool. I also might just take it in too...lol

Sal

#21 ·
Keep the sable from end! Its so much more bad ass and think about how crazy a sable would be with a sho front bumper

#22 ·
SableTuner Posted on Yesterday at 12:32 pm
  Keep the sable from end! Its so much more bad ass and think about how crazy a sable would be with a sho front bumper 
(I think what he meant was, keep the grill and headlights from the Sable and fabricate them into the SHO bumper)
I was gonna say, it would be rather nice to see the Sable headlights on a SHO front end, but that would require some dremel work and re-fiberglassin of the headlight seatin. I wouldn't want you to mess up the new SHO front bumper. It's great idea though, and it would save you some $$$ by not havin to buy Taurus headlights. But, I guess the money saved by not buyin the Taurus lights would go directly to supplies used to do the fiberglassin. I would try it if I had a Sable, yet I don't. I' think the way to go about that would be to cut the entire seatin out of the old Sable bumper and size-up on the new SHO bumper where you would need to dremel out to compensate for it and then use your fiberglass to mold them together. I'll try to photoshop that idea and see what it looks like.

G
#23 ·
Sounds like I am one step closer. Rudedog is helping me out by parting out a 96 Taurus that he has. THANKS AGAIN!! So I am one step closer to having the SHO-ABLE in near grasp! Well.. I'll update you guys as soon as I find out what the hell is going on around here...lol

Sal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.