Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

You have people on here like Brad for one, who has the look of the SHO with a Duratec Motor. I was wondering if I could do a SHO front on my Sable. I was just wondering what it's going to take. I know a few things Im going to have to get. Im going to list them here....

1. Bumper Cover (SHO)
2. Headlights
3. Turn/Park Signals
4. Hood
5. Fenders

Thats all I can think of right now. Anyone know what else I will need? I am sooo willing to do this soon. Let me know guys. Thanks

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I think it would look awesome. Go for it.

I believe you'll also need the radiator mount for that, but not sure. I don't think you'll need fenders, as I think the curvature of the side of the headlights is the same.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Don't forget the color matched running boards as well as the rear lower valance. There are three peices to the front. The bumper cover, the lower valance and there is a piece that goes under that that makes it look really low.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
you will nee dthe radiator support (i happen to have one)

Also need the lower valance, Air dam and lower rock shield (althoe the stock one should be able to be used, i did form mine, not an exact fit, but satisfactory.)

Brad

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Brad PM me with a price on the radiator support.

I am soo set on doing this. It should be done by end of this fall. Also, JR said something about NOT needing the fenders. Can someone second that? Thank you

Sal

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
the fenders look pretty close as far as the cutout for the headlights goes. I wouldn't see the need for new fenders since they are sold from the dealers as the same part #. I would have a dremel just in case, though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cool so my list is shortened...

1 Bumper Cover (SHO)
2 Hood
3 Headliamps
4 Turn/Park Lamps
5 Radiator Support

Sal

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have you ever saw the V8 with the Gen 4 front end ??, It's not a myth, because someone welded the cams, the guy just changed the whole front clip

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Go for it, I think it will look Sweet!

Oh yeah, you will want to go with either a junkyard SHO bumper cover or buy an OEM replacement cover. Just ask Brad about why you shouldn't buy the aftermarket (non-OEM) covers for the SHO.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by SHOMAN@Aug 23 2004, 03:44 PM
Have you ever saw the V8 with the Gen 4 front end ??, It's not a myth, because someone welded the cams, the guy just changed the whole front clip
Yep, I've seen that. Eric Lehmann out in IL welded the cams on that one.

Someday though, I'd like to see a G4 V8 swap. I like the interior much better than the G3. Kind of a stupid reason for swapping, but I'm not exactly known for not doing stupid stuff. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Aug 24 2004, 04:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Aug 24 2004, 04:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SHOMAN@Aug 23 2004, 03:44 PM
Have you ever saw the V8 with the Gen 4 front end ??,  It's not a myth, because someone welded the cams, the guy just changed the whole front clip
Yep, I've seen that. Eric Lehmann out in IL welded the cams on that one.

Someday though, I'd like to see a G4 V8 swap. I like the interior much better than the G3. Kind of a stupid reason for swapping, but I'm not exactly known for not doing stupid stuff. :) [/b][/quote]
Just swap a gen 4 interior into a gen 3.. :p

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I say go for it! If this fits in your budget, it should be just fine.

Its cool that your trying this.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I just wanted to point out that 1. It is a very unique idea and that 2. You will have a hard time finding a beige / tan SHO :lol: Unless of course you plan on painting everything. :p

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
The hood and front bumper cover is going to be re-painted. I might be spraying this at home. I used to do body work... Im just afraid if my spray gun is still cool. I also might just take it in too...lol

Sal

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
:bump:

Ok guys... Im heading out to the junkyards tomorrow to go and see if I can find a Taurus 96-99 to get some parts off of it. Well I'll let you guys know.

Sal

1 - 20 of 29 Posts