Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the taurus I want . Anyone know where one is for sale . I found 2 on trader online. That is it. I might just have to retro-fit mine. Lets just post pictures of other ones we find.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Centennial Edition Taurus. Package came on 2003 Taurus SEL models. More about it in the Encyclopedia, only 4000 were made.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
To the OP: Centennials go up for sale from time to time, and you might see them around; I just saw one of them yesterday (in great shape, too) parked in front of an AutoZone when I went in to buy some supplies for changing my P/S fluid. But like Nick said, they're RARE. Only 4000 were ever built, and some are already long since gone to the junkers. Good luck to you, but it could take some time before you find a legit Centi for sale at a super-affordable price.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I see them pretty frequently...some that I'd buy in an instant if I were shopping, and some that are just completely trashed. They aren't always listed as Centennials, but they're easy to narrow down the search results to find them. They're all SELs with the Centennial package, basically.

ALL Centennials came with (no exceptions)
-Black on medium dark parchment leather with two tone seats
-Duratec/floor shift
-Moonroof
-Wood interior trim
-Silver gauge faces with dark parchment bezels
-Mach audio and EATC
-Centennial headlamps and taillamps
-Special badging (Centennial badges on right side of trunk and on each front door, only the word "TAURUS" on the left side of the trunk and NO "24v DOHC" badge)
-Centennial wheels (not to be confused with '99 SHO/SE Sport wheels. Same casting, different, darker paint in the "pockets" between spokes)
-As I understand it, the seats are 100% actual, real leather and have Centennial logos embossed on the seat back. These are the ONLY 100% leather seats - all other leather-trimmed Tauruses have lots of vinyl. Also has leather wrapped wheel with wood on the top.
-NO spoiler. If it has a spoiler, it's dealer installed or installed later by the previous owner.

If it doesn't match all that (and probably more, Nick will correct me :lol2:) it is either not a Centennial, it's a modified/wrecked and repaired Centennial, or you found Dave's old '01, the 98th Anniversary Taurus. :lol:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I think I'll just wait for the 2nd gen of the Centennial. The 2nd Centennial edition (200th anniversary) should be looking pretty good. I wonder how I sign up for the 2103 Taurus Centennial waiting list? :x:

:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I think I saw Dave's old bull at The Herry Ford Museum!! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Oddly, Centennials didn't come standard with MACH...no idea why but you are right Jim :)

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
QUOTE (ford_ses @ Jul 22 2009, 08:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741316
If it doesn't match all that (and probably more, Nick will correct me :lol2:) it is either not a Centennial, it's a modified/wrecked and repaired Centennial, or you found Dave's old '01, the 98th Anniversary Taurus. :lol:[/b]
Hehe if you see the ultra-special, pseudo-Centennial 98th Anniversary, tell it I said "HI! KBYE!"

A black gen4 Taurus can easily look like a Centennial... I cherry picked what Centennial stuff I wanted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here is one I found in New York.

2003 Centennial Taurus SEL Ford - $7299 (Baldwinsville, NY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-05, 5:21PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 Ford Centennial Taurus SEL
2003 SEL Premium 4-door sedan, 5 passenger mid size, 3.0L 4V 6cylinder engine, auto overdrive transmission, GREAT GAS MILEAGE. Black clearcoat, Beige Parchment Leather Interior. Rear spoiler.Centennial Package/16" 5-spoke wheels, Leather/Wood steering wheel, Power Moonroof, heated power mirrors. Premium Sound System/w 6 CD changer. Lumbar power driver seat. Illuminated visor mirrors. Keyless entry/w keypad on drivers door. Antilock brakes (ABS). Power windows/Power locks. Fully loaded. Excellent condition. 48Koriginal miles. One owner ( female), meticulously cared for car. Dealer maintained. Asking $7,299.00, make offer. Please email [email protected] with any questions.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts