Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, I'm looking for just a hair darker... like a dat yellow/brown in it, but you get the idea...

Benz

In fact, the rear end of that benz looks alot like a Gen 4 (photo # 7)

-Dan

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The article doesn't seem to say. I had thought it was painted, but maybe they did actually chrome it?

-Dan

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I like the look of those, it's sorta different.

They actually remind me of a Ford that was built in the 40s (i think). All metal components in the car were made of Stainless Steel, it was meant to show that a car could be produced that wouldn't corrode. It was all shiny like the Mercedes in the pictures (chrome is the element in Stainless Steel that gives it the shiny look).

·
Registered
486 Posts
i think that is a great color. Just for thought, is it possible if you were drivin that car that maybe you might not be notice in say snowy weather because the crome would just reflect white?? <_<

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by spridget@Jan 1 2004, 12:56 AM
wow!!!

It's like the Terminator T1000 of the auto world.

With that added weight you'd need a car like an S500 to haul it around. Imagine a Hummer (not H2) done in chrome..... Twilight, would that be bling bling or what?
He crush all SUV.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by golovko@Dec 31 2003, 09:49 AM
I like the look of those, it's sorta different.

They actually remind me of a Ford that was built in the 40s (i think).  All metal components in the car were made of Stainless Steel, it was meant to show that a car could be produced that wouldn't corrode.  It was all shiny like the Mercedes in the pictures (chrome is the element in Stainless Steel that gives it the shiny look).
Some steel company made a polished 1936 Ford out of stainless steel to show the durability of stainless steel. Then, in 1958 or so, they found it, cleaned and polished it, and made a polished stainless steel "Squarebird" to show at auto shows.
Lord only knows what happened to those cars... They were the schizz...

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's not chrome.. Unless you want to tell me how you chrome a plastic bumper or rubber side trim. Unless they went hog wild and made all of those items in metal.

They probably used a sticker based product. More of a decal actually. I have seen a few cars done up in it, a 1 bus. It is not cheap though! I think 3M sells it.

-Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Are you 100% sre those arent photoshopped? I've seen these pics awhile ago, but I never read the article on them.

M

·
0 Posts
I remember reading about this once...it is actually a high polish steel or aluminum car, no paint no chrome. Wish I could remember where though

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
OK, Dan there are products available to do this. It is somewhat costly I am sure but check out this website and look at the product ChromeFX. Then you need to find a paint shop the is willing to apply it to your car.

ALSA

·
0 Posts
Twilight its your calling.... Wowwowowowoowowowowowoowowowoowowowowoow Blingtastic!!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts