Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Germany !

my name's Martin, I'm from Duesseldorf /Germany and I'm new to the forum here and also a new owner of my first US Ford, a 2001 Taurus SE.
The Taurus (all generations) wasn't never officially sold in Germany, so having and driving one is some kind special over here.
First owner was the American Embassy in Frankfurt, that makes her even more ... "special" :lol2:

I read hundreds of threats in the last 5 days about adding fogs, auto lamps, interchanging headlight swichtes and technical info about everything related, but the more I read the more confused I got.:blink:
I just want my Taurus to have some features she's missing at the moment, so maybe someone of you can tell me if the feature is possible to install and how-to.

Here are some factory options of the car, I know some are necessary to add/install some of those I want:

Taurus 3.0L (vulcan) 2001 SE,
- no fog lights
- no auto lamps
- no DRL
- factory remote locking
- no sunlight sensor on dash

Now what I want her to have:
- DRL (how much % dim is factory standard ? And which lights are dimmed:
low or high beams ? Important b/c of legal requirements over here)
- Auto Lamps (everything that's possible ... auto on/off, comin'/leaving home function .. don't know exactly all possible Ford features)
- Fog light switch, but just the pin out function of the switch, for switching on/off a rear red fog light (aftermarket), which is mandatory here.
- maybe a remote start feature, if factory availible, no aftermarket sytems.

I guess that's all ... :blush:

But all mods must have be done by just swapping parts and maybe additional wiring, there is no possibility of any kind of programming/flashing etc., no German Ford dealer neither has software for Taurii nor is there a chance to get parts from them.
Ebay and rockauto and maybe a board member here will be my sources ...

So, now it's up to you, any help would be highly appreciated.
If necessary I will post the car's VIN.

Thanks in advance :notworthy:,
Martin

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The DRLs are highbeams at half intensity. The '00-'07 Taurus did not come with foglights from the factory. Not even an option. You'll need to add aftermarket units. The Sable did, however, and you may be able to use the headlight switch to activate the fog lights.

These topics may help:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117...l/134226-disabling-daytime-running-lamps.html
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117...060-adding-lighted-unlock-2000-2003-gen4.html
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/104-introduction-forum/131294-ez-topic-finder.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just need the headlight switch (w/ fog light function) from a model (Sable, F-150, ...) that works in my '01 to switch on one rear red fog light.
What's about the connector on the switch's backside, are they all the same ..?
And no, I don't want to add front fog lights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link,
I read that posting already before.

But that is exactly what I don't want to do, adding any kind of aftermarket or rocker switch to the dash ... :thumbsdown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts