Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the 99SE which is that color changing blue, it looks purple under certain conditions. The exterior paint code on the driver's side front door info sheet says ext pnt :kx. What color is this and where can we actually get some touchup paint to fix the damage caused by some neighborhood vandals before the car has to be returned to my grandmother.

J

·
0 Posts
Just go to the dealership and tell them your paint code. They will be able to get you a bottle of touch-up paint. Should be about $7. However, they probably won't have it in stock and it will probably take them a week to get it. That was my experience anyways... :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jason8225@May 9 2004, 10:53 AM
Just go to the dealership and tell them your paint code.  They will be able to get you a bottle of touch-up paint.  Should be about $7.  However, they probably won't have it in stock and it will probably take them a week to get it.  That was my experience anyways...  :)
I have heard that purple haze tried that once and that color wasn't supposed to exist for that year and they couldn't get it but I hope that that is not the case.
Edit: The color is Graphite Blue Metallic

·
Registered
45 Posts
FYI. Duplicolor matches touch up paint to 100%. I use it on my Silver frost sable and you can not tell the difference. it may be different for different colors though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Scatman@May 9 2004, 11:58 AM
FYI. Duplicolor matches touch up paint to 100%. I use it on my Silver frost sable and you can not tell the difference. it may be different for different colors though.
Duplicolor doesn't make a touchup paint for the paint code in question, however if this was for the 98 which is Toreador Red it might have been a possibility

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
IIRC Duplicolor and all the other companies only make the most common colors for their touch up paints (makes sense...). I had a hell of a time trying to find my color - seafoam...grrr- so I just bought a couple of bottles from Ford. Jason's right however, it took them a week to get the paint.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
If the damage is bigger you may call up a local automotive paint stores and have them mix up a batch.Get the smallest size available. Depending on the paint ingredients it may not cost that much at all and you will have a bunch for future mishaps. Last time I bought some for my van it cost like 30 bucks I still have some and it was over 5 years ago.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Kermitec@May 9 2004, 08:19 PM
If the damage is bigger you may call up a local automotive paint stores and have them mix up a batch.Get the smallest size available. Depending on the paint ingredients it may not cost that much at all and you will have a bunch for future mishaps. Last time I bought some for my van it cost like 30 bucks I still have some and it was over 5 years ago.
thanks for the additional idea but the main damage consists of two key scratches, one on the left rear fender and one on the trunk

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
A little known "weapon" we have on the site to combat vehicle "unknowns" is the VIN decoder on the main page. If you have an issue with the vehicle, such as unknown tranny, engine, interior colors, you can use that to find the correct specs. Hope that helps in the future!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by TrueBlue@May 9 2004, 09:28 PM
A little known "weapon" we have on the site to combat vehicle "unknowns" is the VIN decoder on the main page. If you have an issue with the vehicle, such as unknown tranny, engine, interior colors, you can use that to find the correct specs. Hope that helps in the future!
The Vin Decoder is currently not an active module Attempting to use it showed this message "Sorry, this Module isn't active!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts