Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. something happened to the Intrepid today. It's still running and moving.. but theres a tapping coming from the engine bay on accelleration and idle.. but goes away after the brake is pressed.. when the brake is released it goes again. Then smoke came from the vents into the cabin while the heater was on. The car has 106,659 Miles. It threw some codes my way, but I dont know how to read it on self-diagnosis mode.

I took it to Autozone so they could read the codes for me. I took the guy out to the car and I pulled out the connector for him to access it easier. The guy looked at me and shook his head. Then proceeded to feel around under the dash for the connector. I asked him "what are you doing? I pulled the connector out for you already." The man looks at me again and says "No you didn't. That's not it." And keeps searching for the connector. I know this is the right connector because I've had the codes read on it before... So I know what I'm talking about here. I tell him once again, "No, sir, this is the connector you need to connect your reader to the car's computer system." Now, I said this as nice as possible, as I've been getting the back-hand from people lately. He stopped, got off the ground, and looked me in the eye. He looked me in the eye and said, "Lady, you don't know what you're talking about." And walked back into the store. I tried to ask for the manager to tell how this man had just insulted my intellegence, but the "couldn't find him". <_<

So I drove the intrepid home - tap and all. I checked the engine oil and it seems to be burning oil, had to add 2qts of oil. So I'm really at a stand-still right now on what to do. I want to take it to Dodge and have them check it over, and I've stressed to my mom about keeping up with regular maint. on the car.

Since she's had the car I've bugged her to:

-Change oil
-Replace transmission lines (they're leaking)
-Change Spark plugs and wires
-Replace timing chain
-New tires
-new rotors
-new brakes

The list of accomplishments?:

-Oil changes (by me)
-New rear rotors

It's like she doesn't even care about her car. I asked her if she would make an appointment with Dodge to have them look at that car and see whats causing the knocking.. (I think the heater core went out in it, resulting in smoke from the vents) but she simply looks at me and says "Fine, then I wont pay (insert bill here)"

Just like a parent would tell their child, I replied - "You need to keep up with your car!"

She starts yelling at me that I'm not helping anything, and that I'm no good.

I'm finally to the point where I want to break down and cry. I swear, I just want to give up with my mom. Her car is going to break down while she's out on a joyride some time and I'm not going to be able to do anything but sit there because she refuses to keep up with her car. (Yes, I try to help her out while I can, but right now my money is tied up. I'm a kid, I'm not supposed to be paying my mother's bills.) :(

What am I going to do?! :( :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmm....wait for her car to bread down. :p If she won't do it, then let her deal with the problems. Just don't let her take away LRB. ;)

Seriously though, maybe she's just got a lot going on right now and she just can't deal with that at the moment, for whatever reason? I wouldn't let it stress you, everything will work out.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by smc540@May 3 2004, 09:50 PM
Hmm....wait for her car to bread down. :p If she won't do it, then let her deal with the problems. Just don't let her take away LRB. ;)

Seriously though, maybe she's just got a lot going on right now and she just can't deal with that at the moment, for whatever reason? I wouldn't let it stress you, everything will work out.
I can't let her car break down. I don't have my car yet. Still probably another 2 weeks before I can even think of getting my car back. That's my problem. Plus, the Intrepid's grown on me... :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts