Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
is that amp $700? i paid $125 for my type-r. (1242-D). you might wanna shop around a bit man....
anyways, i have only one sub and it sounds great for me. i think they are great subs for the money. you can get a lot less subwoofer for a lot more money...
go for it...but shop around a bit....

SWR-1222D for $105. Plus shipping...

i bought mine there. great deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah dude definatley shop around cause i used to only look at crutchfield cause of their customer service. now i look at crutchfield to see what i can find and what i want and get it somewhere else. i find sonicelectronix.com is cheapest on subs and either techronics.com or onlinecarstereo.com for amplifiers.

any particular reason u want a JL amp?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent an email to crutchfield telling them in a couple months I will have 900 to spend on two 12s and an amp and that is the setup they recommended.

The amp is 550 and the subs are 200 each.

That is a LOT cheaper than crutchfield. I will get this stuff somewhere besides them definately. James (jc91sc) said he can get this kind of stuff pretty cheap so I will see what he can get it for too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah im getting 2 alpine type-r 12's and an 1000 watt rms Hifonics amp for about 400. that give u an idea of how cheap it can get if u look. What do you guys think of Hifonics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts