Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. Hi everyone.

I have been looking on here because my 06 taurus sel 3.0 is making a chirping noise and I think it may be the cam snynchronizer going out. But it also is saying on the dash to "check charging system". Would the sycnhronizer have anything to do with the check charging system warning?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
little hard to tell without actually looking at the car,..
you might have the alternator going bad..
the chirping sound may be coming from the alternator itself..
little early for 06 to have alternator problem,.... but it can happen..

check engine light on..??
did you check the voltage when the engine is running..??
need little more infos to track down the probem,... but good chance that your alternator maybe going out..and the pulley is making the noise..

good luck..jc..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife said today that the check charging system display come across over the milage. I dont have a volt meter, but the noise seems to be coming from the rear of the engine (driver side) right where the cam sync is. But no check engine light is on.

But the chirping noise and the check charging display both started today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
well.. i wuld be more concerned about the charging system than the chirping sound..
eventhough they may be related..

charging system will disable the car. your car may stop running. if there is not enough battery power to give spark, or to crank the engine at the start up of engine..

chirping sound can be anything,.. tensioner ,, pullies,.. water pump,.. ac compressor,.
on and on,.. but since the sound started at the same time,.. it should be related..

if your car is still under warranty,.. just take it to dealer..
if out of warranty,.. and want to save little money, and do it yourself,..,
take out the alternator, and take it to auto parts store, and they will check it out for you for free.. i would start that way..

good luck..jc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts