Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I feel left in the dark....what are you up to?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ripping the engine out of my totaled car.....needs to be moved to the new one cause its gor more duratec bling than the one thats in the new car.

if you dont understand, let me know and ill explain better

G

·
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@Apr 12 2004, 08:59 PM
ripping the engine out of my totaled car.....needs to be moved to the new one cause its gor more duratec bling than the one thats in the new car.

if you dont understand, let me know and ill explain better
You're swapping out the SVT Contour heads right? How's that going to give you more power? PLEASE, PLEASE explain...I'm kinda mechanical illiterate. I can install a mean stereo though. Man, if I only knew mechanical AND electrical, I'd be set

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The engine im pullin has svt heads and cams. Since the svt heads are designed for a 2.5l engine, the area insude the head is smaller. When put on a 3l engine, it bumps the compression ratio from 10:1 to 11.25:1 creating more power.

The svt heads also have extrude hone intake ports as well as the svt cams giving a more "agressive" timing (longer duration, etc.)

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
He's not just going to take the heads off his old car and put it in the new one...he's talking about switching whole engines. Which I would assume dropping the subframes and switching the whole front cradle out...correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not schooled in the ways of the DuraBling

G

·
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@Apr 12 2004, 11:55 PM
The engine im pullin has svt heads and cams. Since the svt heads are designed for a 2.5l engine, the area insude the head is smaller. When put on a 3l engine, it bumps the compression ratio from 10:1 to 11.25:1 creating more power.

The svt heads also have extrude hone intake ports as well as the svt cams giving a more "agressive" timing (longer duration, etc.)

Brad
Oh, I get it now...Thanks for the explination...How much extra hp do you expect to get?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Brad,

I thought you weren't going to do the swap until the fall? or did you decided to be an over achiever and tryign to atempt this feat yourself? without bob the garage god

G

·
Hey, I remember that engine!

And Brad, I still have the Durabling TypeR sticker on my toolbox, I think it's only fitting that BabySHO goes to the crusher with it.....

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whole engine is getting moved with the tranny. Im gonna do the swap with bob, but i need to get the engine out to take it to him plus i got to get rid of the body from the car soon.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ebay or nopi.com

Brad

PS be careful....there are two kinds...the cheaper $18 ones that are "euro" style and the $25 that look factory only clear. Mine are the latter.

Brad

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yup, that front impact bar is a biatch to remove, after taking the bolts out me and my dad grabbed the crowbar and sledge, few hits and it was off

Glad you got another Bull to continue the legacy of this engine!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts