Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried guys and gals...I just need to know what type to put in my 96 sable 24V thanks!:wub:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Sonic...Its on its way as I type...I bought this car from a Police department..it was a seized vehicle. Now...since I see you have the same car will you help me?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Coolant? If we're just talking antifreeze just buy 4 gallons of the 50/50 Prestone mix. It says that it's good for all systems (even stupid GM Dexcool)...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...I was wondering what most used...I normally use PEAK but I though you guys might have a better choice!

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I use the Advance Auto house brand 50/50 premixed or whatever is on sale cheaper, it's just coolant. Does the job. Vulcan engines need a flush and new coolant every other year, Tecs not as often.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It's cheaper to buy 2 gallons of concentrate and 2 gallons of distilled water @ $.80/gallon. I just hate paying $3/gallon for water with the premixed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Don't buy the 50/50 premix. Get the concentrated and mix yourself. Mix stronger than 50/50 or you will have low coolant light. Antifreeze is over $10.00 a gallon here.:curse:

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Funny you say that, I only every use premixed, partly because its convenient, I don't have to find another gallon jug, and I also keep an unopened bottle in the car at all times for emergencies. Opened bottles tend to leak. Never had a low coolant light problem.

I know its a worse value, but I prefer to work quickly and get things done so that I can do something else, rather than spending time mixing something I can just get premixed. I do recommend the value brands, its all the same stuff and will work fine so long as you replace it often enough.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I never had a problem with the premixed stuff. I even fill the expansion tank almost completly with plain water to get home (I had no mix left in it from overheating), that light stayed off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts