1,525 Posts
Hell yeah! I'm down from Tulsa.

Where? When?
Maybe some ideas goin around...

:makeadeal:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, hot diggity. I'm actually glad to see this.

Take the bull by the horns, as it would seem.

Let me help you guys get started on this the right way.

1. Get together a group of four or five people that all trust each other, and will not drop this when the going gets rough. Believe me, the going will get rough, and rough decisions will have to be made.

2. There's more than one way to skin a cat, but it's been my experience that if you want to do up a meet, and you ask ten people what they have in mind, you will get ten differing answers. So what I typically do, is get with my group, and we, as a group, come up with a good meet idea, and then do kind of a feasibility study. See what kind of lodging is in the area, what sorts of attractions, so forth and so on.

3. When a venue has been decided upon, one of my favorite tactics is to get with the local Chamber of Commerce, or Visitor's and Conventions Bureau. These people are usually invaluable, and can help score mad discounts on group gathering areas, and lodging. When the decisions have been made, each person takes a section of the meet as their own, and from there on, it's divide and conquer, with the main person overseeing all the rest, and making certain the job gets done. With the Mitsubishi meets, I typically have ALL of the planning done at least 6 months in advance. That means T Shirts are designed, lodging is secured with a signed contract for a group rate, my extra bonuses are all handled, the last 6 months are nothing but time for people to pay registration, and make reservations at the hotel, and of course, for my team to jazz the meet up.

4. Remember, that a meet is really made in the finer details. They are what leaves a really lasting impression of how well something was pulled off or not.

I'll be happy to help you guys with this if you want, I am in the middle of doing one for the Mitsubishi guys right now. Here's an idea of how hard I pursue what I do.....

Here's two guys on my team, plotting the next move as we scope out a resort.....

Here's some the places we looked at.....

A little dedication goes quite a ways in planning a real good meet.

Zorin

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
OK, with that said, I've got a PM into Don over at Fordbastards to see if maybe we can get something going here. Seriously, if you would consider having a meet in the states of Texas, Kansas, OK-lahoma, Arkansas, or even Missouri, let me know. If you've got ANY ideas for some events or activities, post them up. At this point in time, I'm thinking NO road-course, and I have a good reason for that, you wanna know, get me on PM.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I agree on the no road course. It's quite a risk driving hundreds or thousands of miles away, then tracking the car, hoping it doesn't break or wreck, and still requiring the vehicle take you home. I've done it twice from TX to MI and don't want to risk it again, to be honest. Mike and I were chatting about this after ROTB2k8 and I like his suggestion of possibly a Auto-X instead of either road course or drag strip. The car needs only minimal prep, the risks and wear and tear are less.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
hm...this year would definitely be out for me, unless if I carpooled with someone...I am saving all my funds so I can move out of the house... :)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
hm...this year would definitely be out for me, unless if I carpooled with someone...I am saving all my funds so I can move out of the house... :)
[/b]
Already? Shoot, enjoy the free lodging while you still can. Get a real career type job, and stockpile money from that. Your quality of living will be greatly improved if your income can keep up with what you'd like to have, as far as housing is concerned.

Plus, with gas prices the way they are now, it might cost you 35 dollars for a "ROTB" trip, south. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I think I'd be more in for this if it were in Texas than in Michigan. I've always wanted to come down to Texas, and this seems like the perfect reason!

Count me in.

JR
[/b]

You will get raped. :eek:

Mike
:noes:

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
16 Participants
blackmagic3920
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing