Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading Sousa's talk about his new little Torrent.. I thought I would share my experience..

Last year my wife bought me a great little birthday present, daily rental of some real exotic cars..
Mercedes Benz GTS
Lamborghini Superleggera
Lamborghini Huracan
Ferrari 458 Italia
Porsche 911 GT3
Porsche 911 Turbo
McLaren MP412C Spyder
And more...

I will start with the cars I didnt like..
The Ferrari 458 Italia. While it did have good power, and sounded nice. It rode like crud, every little bump, no matter how big or small, you felt it like it was a large speed bump. No console for your drinks, radio was horrible.

Porsche 911 Turbo AWD. This car was literally the fastest car of the rental fleet. And it was a sheer kick to the pants to put your foot down in the carpet. Radio had been upgraded, and sounded like a concert. But lets be honest, your not driving these type of cars for the stereo. This car cornered like it was on rails. And to be honest it was really a good car. But I look at cars for the complete package. And this car felt like an overpriced VW Bug. Cheap plastics, PKD transmission kept failing, small cockpit (I am 6'2"). It was just not a pleasant place to be.

Lamborghini Superleggera AWD. I have to say that I expected so much more. This car was quick, but not like any of the other cars. Sounded nice. Horrible radio. And if you are tall, this car is not for you. I had to drive the car with my head tilted. I needed probably another 4 inchs of headroom for it to have been comfortable.

Those were the only 3 I didnt like..

There were 4 cars that I loved!

Lamborghini Huracan. This thing was an all out beast! Fast, comfortable, great stereo, and the sound from that engine was just like pure music. There isnt a single thing I could say negative about this car...

Mercedes Benz GTS. For an all around super car, you cant beat this car. So many options to select for exhaust, suspension, mode (street, race, track, etc). The driving experience was over the top. I have only one negative thing to say, the seats are a little smaller, and although I fit in them, my left arm, I didnt really have anyplace to put it for comfort. Door window sill was to high. I would still buy this car, without hesitation.

Porsche 911 GT3. After having drove the 911 turbo, I didnt have high hopes for this car.. I was so wrong. It sounds like a sewing machine, with not a lot of a exhaust note, but dont let that fool you. This car is a demon is angels clothing. Comfortable, fast, handled the corners like nothing I have ever driven before. There was one corner I thought I had taken WAY to fast, and to be honest I was scared, but the car took the corner like it wasnt even there. I have only one complaint, this car gives the driver a "over the top" complex, which can be dangerous.

McLaren MP412C Spyder. This one had some modifications done to it, straight pipes after the turbo, and a handling kit. This would be the 2nd car out of all these that I would buy without hesitation. This car was a complete package for sound, speed, handling, and anything else you can think of. I loved every second I spent in this car. I didnt care for the radio, but everything else about this car was spot on awesome. The only real downside is that this car got totaled out 2 days after I drove it. They sent it to the dealer for preventive maintenance, and the tech messed up something while replacing the fuel filter, and the car burnt to the ground.

PICS!

And More!
Oxotic by Brian Reagan | Photobucket

1 - 1 of 1 Posts