Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
attaboy!keep at it!eventually the SHO will bow down to your persistentness........we can hope :p ....once everything all fixed.....you should sell it to me for a dirt cheap price :lol2: ....cuz itll be runnning like a hot damn!

J

·
0 Posts
You are a great story teller in case you didn't know already, lol. ;) B) Anyways, glad to hear you are sticking with it, unlike a lot people around here. Somebody sold you a car that may not have been properly maintained and has problems because of it. Is that Ford's fault? Not hardly. [/rant] Best of luck to you and I hope it all works out well for you so you can enjoy the car! :)

btw... how many miles are on that SHO?

·
Registered
549 Posts
You know, sometimes a car just isn't as good as others. I'm sorta getting sick of some of the people who think Fords are perfect and if you have problems it's either your fault or the fault of whoever owned the car before you and didn't maintain it. Sometimes that's just not the case. My old '93 bull was a good car for the most part, a few problems here and there, but nothing major while we owned it. Now my '99 is really starting to piss me off. We bought it in 2000, so it was only a year old. The car is only five years old now with 55k miles, and the amount of problems I have had is simply unacceptable to me. We have had two leaking wheel cylinders, a bad wheel bearing, bad cv joint, broken front coil spring (which btw broke while I was driving it, along with sagging rear springs, and no one hardly ever rides in the back of my car), and now I still have a leaking power steering pump to deal with and a strange metallic rattling noise I can't seem to diagnose (see my recent post in maintenance and repair). And I'm not sure yet, but it seems like my transmission has started getting a little goofy lately too.

Now I know alot of us here are Ford enthusiasts, and there's nothing wrong with a little brand loyalty, but let's be realistic too. When it comes to maintenance, I take excellent care of my car. Those of us here that b**** about our plethora of problems aren't necessarily here to bash Ford and be trolls, the fact is some of these cars are more reliable than others. I'd buy another Ford, but I'd consider alot of other cars too. Eh, that's all.

M

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by mrcow32@Jun 12 2004, 12:16 AM
Basically, I quickly discovered I had acquired the SHO from hell.

No, I take that back. The devil took one look at this car and said, "Damn, man, I don't think so! Pass this thing on to someone else!"

My car takes one look at those head gaskets, decides, "Uh...nah,"

He orders them for me, and I get the bill...$110! Are they made of solid gold?

I'm just waiting for this man to run the scanner and get error code 666: "I don't feel like working, so blow me, asshat,"
i seriously cannot stop laughing...but i shouldn't be laughing, but you take your sorrows and make them comedy. You're awesome, and i'm glad to hear that you're not giving up. If it was me, i would have gave up when it was the head gaskets. Cheers to you hun!

Keep us updated, and i wish you the best of luck!! And for that awesome story, you deserve a :banana:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Somebody sold you a car that may not have been properly maintained and has problems because of it. Is that Ford's fault? Not hardly.
You know, sometimes a car just isn't as good as others. I'm sorta getting sick of some of the people who think Fords are perfect and if you have problems it's either your fault or the fault of whoever owned the car before you and didn't maintain it. Sometimes that's just not the case.
I don't think he meant Ford was perfect. Because there not. All manufactures make lemons! :huh: But in this case I would agree with Jason that it was beat on and not maintained. It is 11 years old now, and all of a sudden don't become a lemon or just a bad car they made.

Sounds like Kirk Doucette needs to get his hands on it. This is meant in a good way.

Anyways mrcow32, I got to agree with these people that you can write a story. :p And Best Of Luck getting it going! ;)

Also, is it sad if I still love Ford, and the SHO?
Not at all! :notworthy:

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by dIESEL600@Jun 12 2004, 02:43 AM
You know, sometimes a car just isn't as good as others. I'm sorta getting sick of some of the people who think Fords are perfect and if you have problems it's either your fault or the fault of whoever owned the car before you and didn't maintain it. Sometimes that's just not the case. My old '93 bull was a good car for the most part, a few problems here and there, but nothing major while we owned it. Now my '99 is really starting to piss me off. We bought it in 2000, so it was only a year old. The car is only five years old now with 55k miles, and the amount of problems I have had is simply unacceptable to me. We have had two leaking wheel cylinders, a bad wheel bearing, bad cv joint, broken front coil spring (which btw broke while I was driving it, along with sagging rear springs, and no one hardly ever rides in the back of my car), and now I still have a leaking power steering pump to deal with and a strange metallic rattling noise I can't seem to diagnose (see my recent post in maintenance and repair). And I'm not sure yet, but it seems like my transmission has started getting a little goofy lately too.

Now I know alot of us here are Ford enthusiasts, and there's nothing wrong with a little brand loyalty, but let's be realistic too. When it comes to maintenance, I take excellent care of my car. Those of us here that b**** about our plethora of problems aren't necessarily here to bash Ford and be trolls, the fact is some of these cars are more reliable than others. I'd buy another Ford, but I'd consider alot of other cars too. Eh, that's all.
I completely understand that and I'll agree with you that there are bad ones here and there for whatever reason. It sucks to get one of them, but when a company makes hundreds of thousands of cars there has to be some margin of error, unfortunately. My last car (my 99 Taurus) had loads of problems which I suspect were due to a lack of maintenance by the previous owner, which is why I was ranting about maintenance, etc. I'm glad to see that the majority of the members of this club have been encouraged to take care of their cars and if they didn't know how before, they can learn here. :)

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Once again, you turn sorrow into laughter. I think we all eagerly await your next trial and tribulation.

As, far as your SHO is concerned... I think you need to show it who is the alpha male. You need to break it's spirit, before it breaks your bank. Once it realizes that you are the dominate one, it will succumb to your will, then you will able to truely enjoy it.

Never give up the fight!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty low mileage car.

Like I said, I hope all goes well with your repairs - I'm with Jeff on this, I think you just have to show it who's boss. ;)

And, if I see the previous owner, I'll be sure to relay the "message" ;) :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
You certainly can tell an awesome story mr.cow. Sorry to hear about all of the gremlins and monkeys attacking the yamaha. It reminds me of my old suburban. Weekly visits to the shop, and with all that torque, it ripped money out of my wallet with ease. Best of luck to you sir.

:lol2: <--this is a laughy face. He just tooted. That is all.

·
Registered
308 Posts
And if anyone ever sees the previous owner of my car, wanna do ol' Mr. Cow a favor and give them a swift kick in the goods for me? I think they have it coming to them...
Are you saying you want to start out like this :argue: and then do this :slap: and then this :punchbob: and make him look like this :bandaged:

B

·
0 Posts
You need to look for the silver lining. All these trials and tribulations are going to make one hell of a book! I'll be patiently waiting, and first in line when it comes out. :thumb:

As for the car, well, it's the same as any other. Great when they run, s***box when they don't.

Just for reference, have you checked the battery cables? I know that sounds wierd, but my 91 was spitting all sorts of weird codes after the clutch job. Turns out the negative cable was loose. I put on a new terminal and haven't had a problem since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts