Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and painted my calipers...it was really easy. i brushed on the paint--didnt have to remove a single thing! These pics don't do them justice...it looks better as a whole, i think.
Lemme know what ya think! :)

Geoff

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Looks cool with the color of the car :)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
IMO, I think just about any paint can hold up fine to the temps of the brakes. Though I'm not really sure what the temps do reach, I doubt they're going to be too high, as long as you're not doing any road course racing.
I painted the calipers on the 97 with some regular old Krylon spray without any prep. and in near freezing temps (have to do something to keep me busy in the winter), and only now are they starting to look a little worn, and that's due to rust, not heat. BTW, this was a little over 1.5 years ago I painted 'em.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know they *can* get pretty hot. The brakes on my dad's F-150 get hot enough to make his center caps fall off the wheel. :-\
BTW, where did you get the brush-on paint?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I too painted my brakes this weekend. I spent more time jacking up the car and taking the tires off than the actual painting. Painted mine Ford Blue. Goes along with the blue neons in the car. I also put blue split loom on most of the wires under the hood.

Originally posted by ig88ds
BTW, where did you get the brush-on paint?
Take spray paint and use the lid as a bowl. Line the lid with aluminum foil and spray then paint into the 'bowl'. Apply with a paint brush. This way you don't have to mask anything off. When done, take out the aliminum foil and properly discard.

Derek

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
that looks really freakin sweet. Its like the color that comes on the brembo brakes on the G35's. *thumbs up*

p.s.... I want your wheels! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I painted the ones on my Contour back in the day and all I did was sprayed away and it looked great. Should I have done it that way or not? I plan on painting mine on my Taurus when I get my rims and tires.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the comments guys!
I brushed the paint on. It came in a spray can, so i just sprayed into a glass jar. It was specially made for brake calipers, and claimed that it could withstand temps up to 900 degrees. I love how it turned out. not too blingin' lol :p

see ya
geoff

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know there is a company that makes brush on caliper paint, I saw it on HorsepowerTV, but I can't remember their name now :-(

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i believe it is duplicolor
geoff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts