Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, so i was driving down the street with my mother, and we pulled along side of a white Taurus SE 2003. It has 15K on it, And it's selling for 10,600 bucks. And i'm seriously interested. I mean it has a spoiler, the sporty rims, no leather, and moon roof
and i don't think that i saw the 24V DOHC thingy...so i'm assuming it's a vulcan. So what i'm really in dire need of some advice. Is an SE the best way to go? I mean i know it's no where near as nice as a SES or SEL but what kind of options am i looking at..that come with the car?

And keep in mind, that i have a 158K miled sable, being fully loaded and a V6. And i couldn't keep the sable if i got the taurus.

So what i'm really looking to get answered is...should i get it and get rid of the sable, or just keep my sable?

Thank you SOOOO much!!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by MySablesNameIsBruce@Dec 21 2003, 04:52 PM
Okay guys, so i was driving down the street with my mother, and we pulled along side of a white Taurus SE 2003. It has 15K on it, And it's selling for 10,600 bucks. And i'm seriously interested. I mean it has a spoiler, the sporty rims, no leather, ans moon roof
and i don't think that i saw the 24V DOHC thingy...so i'm assuming it's a vulcan. So what i'm really in dire need of some advice. Is an SE the best way to go? I mean i know it's no where near as nice as a SES or SEL but what kind of options am i looking at..that come with the car?

And keep in mind, that i have a 158K miled sable, being fully loaded and a V6. And i couldn't keep the sable if i got the taurus.

So what i'm really looking to get answered is...should i get it and get rid of the sable, or get the taurus?

Thank you SOOOO much!!
Yeah id go for it. I paid 14,500 for my 00 taurus in 10/01, due to the fact the economy hadnt dropped out yet cause of 9/11. And at that time, the car had 18K. So i would go for this one.

-Damon

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Wait out for a Duratec with a couple of more miles on it; the price should be about the same, and the Duratec comes with the stronger tranny (plus, ITS A DURATEC!)

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
thats not that good of a price if its a vulcan, granted its 2003, but i found plenty of earlier g4's with 14-25000 miles for under $10k with the duratec and options

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
So it's a 3.0 pushrod engine with a single exhaust, no leather, bench seating, no munruff, and to top it all off, it's white.

Maybe it'll be worth it if they throw in a curly silver wig and a few sets of false teeth...

I dunno just doesn't sound like a fun car to me. You got the right idea getting out of the car you have with 158k and the original powertrain components, but it's in such good condition and I think you'll really miss all the features the Sable has.

I highly doubt you couldn't find another gen 4 in any colour you want fully loaded in Detroit, for the same price or cheaper. There are just so many of them around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts