Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not just any game store. Most of them are taken over by EB games or Gamestop, and all the good stuff is gone. But there is a place at the Walpole mall near my school called Play 'N Trade that still carries old stuff. Which is great, because I was sick of having to deal with ebay just to get some NES games. I payed 100 bucks just to get an NES in good condition on ebay with some games.

So, I walked into this game store planning on spending no more than 25 bucks. And what do you know, I see Excitebike and Metroid for 10 and 15 bucks. So I grab those and get ready to go when I see this:

And the price tag:

And I said, "F**k yes!" And grabbed that, along with an extra controller and Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition (it was the only good game there for the Genesis, all the rest were Football and Hockey games).

So I ended up spending 56 bucks instead of 25. I completely lost control today.

But oh well, I've got a Genesis II now to keep with my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64.

Anyone else got any old consoles?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Nice! Oldest consoles I have are my SNES and Sega Genesis.

I have emulated NES w/ USB NES controller.

Oldest system I have is my Commodore 128

Genesis sure did have some fun games, sad to see Sega lost it after that console. :(

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I got working NES x2, SNES, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Heavily modded Xbox, Xbox 360, gameboy, gameboy color, gameboy advance, game gear, and probally some others

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've got:

- NES
- SNES
- N64
- Original white GameBoy
- GameBoy Pocket which is see-through green
- GameBoy Color
- Gameboy Advanced
- GameBoy Advanced SP- NES edition
- Sega Genesis
- Sega Game Gear, with the portable TV peripheral
- PS2
- PS3

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I remember Sega Genesis. I think we had the games everybody else had: Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl, and whatever Star Wars game they had for it (I remember Admiral Ackbar telling you "Destroy all enemy fighters!").

Dammit, now I need to go buy one of these too :(

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember Sega Genesis. I think we had the games everybody else had: Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl, and whatever Star Wars game they had for it (I remember Admiral Ackbar telling you "Destroy all enemy fighters!").

Dammit, now I need to go buy one of these too :(
[/b]
I was looking on ebay. There aren't a lot of buy it now sales for them, and the ones that are a buy it now sale are all outrageous prices (50 bucks or more. I paid 20 bucks for mine, and another 4 bucks for a 2nd controller). A lot of the buy it now ones have games with them but they seem to just load it up with sports games, which are a dime a dozen (as I saw in the game store today).

I've also got a PS2, a Gamecube, and a Wii. My dad has a 360. We did have a PSX but it crapped out. I've also got a DS and a GBA SP. I used to have a regular GBA and a Gameboy Color.

I still spend more time with the NES and SNES than any others though.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Wow, I still have C64 disks in storage. I wonder if they still work. Don't have a C64 anymore though.
[/b]
Any good games? ;)

I'd buy em off ya, always looking to expand my selections :p

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I have a pair of Atari 2600s plus a whole heap of games :banana:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Wow, I still have C64 disks in storage. I wonder if they still work. Don't have a C64 anymore though.
[/b]
Any good games? ;)

[/b][/quote]
Damn, I would have sold my first child to get some more C64 games :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Lets seee... I have the following:

PS2- slim version
Game Cube- original teal color
N64- original gray color
GB Pocket- green
GB Color- clear purple
GB Color- red/pink
GB Color- lime green
GB Color- teal
GB Advance- white
Nintendo DS- original silver color

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I think we have an intellivision packed away somewhere... it was fun :)

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Any good games? ;)

[/b][/quote]
Damn, I would have sold my first child to get some more C64 games :ph34r:
[/b][/quote]
We used to have a ton of them, but 1/2 of it got thrown out because someone thought we no longer had a Commodore in our family... The other 1/2 was safely packed in my room like the pack rat I am, because I intended on replacing the broken Commodore 64 we had (Which I did, with a C128 w/ C-1541 Disk drive)

Nothing gets better than those games. Though I need to get a new joystick :p

A heavily used, 21 year old joystick is showing wear :lol2:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah i had an Intellivision and it was the bomb lol. pitfall was the best game ever IMO. but yeah i brought it up at work the other day and nobody had any idea what i was talking about, man i felt old and im only 26 and they were even a couple of years older than me. but yeah i think i still have it somewhere. I had a NES too but i let my cousin borrow it and never saw it again :angry:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
hmmm systems i own

atari 2600
super nintendo
game boy advance
nintendo ds lite
psp phat
psp slim
nintendo wii
xbox 360 X 2

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Any good games? ;)

[/b][/quote]

I had a ton of games, not even sure which ones I had. They're all piled away in my closet and I haven't looked at them in years, just never got around to throwing them out. It's amazing what they used to be able to do with less than 64k.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Any good games? ;)

[/b][/quote]

I had a ton of games, not even sure which ones I had. They're all piled away in my closet and I haven't looked at them in years, just never got around to throwing them out. It's amazing what they used to be able to do with less than 64k.
[/b][/quote]

Well, never throw em away!!!

But yeah, tons of fantastic games for that amount of size.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts