Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....k im not really sure what you call this thing but i just wanna know where to get one for my gen3
:05:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I call it a faceplate. There are 2 companies that make them, Scosche and Metra. The Scosche plates I have seen at Best Buy, and the Metra at Circuit City.

Here's a pic of my Gen III Scosche plate:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know, i was too lazy to look for a gen3 pic

·
Registered
702 Posts
Im sure this question has been asked thousnads of times, but is it possible to go from electronic climate control to analog controls? I have a kit to put my cd player in the round part, but it wont work because of the electronic climate crap. Any ideas? Any way I can switch?

*my stock stereo doesnt work, so I have my cd player mounted under the dash. I've thought about cutting a hole in the the stock part of the stereo and ripping out the tape player and such, but then I'd have to hut a hole in the circuit board behind the round face plate. Would that work??

·
Registered
702 Posts
lol, thanks for your inspiration, Ash. So are you saying you don't think cutting a hole in the stock face plate (the one with ECC) will work- because I'd have to cut through the circuit board?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
You're not necessarily SOL. I did see one person on Cardomain.com that converted from digital to analog climate controls.

JR

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 29 2004, 04:15 PM
You're not necessarily SOL. I did see one person on Cardomain.com that converted from digital to analog climate controls.

JR
Who might that be?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
i could probably convert it...would be a PITA tho... what doesn work on the stereo...sure its not a fuse sumwhere...my g3 has ONLY 3 or 4 fuses to the stereo

·
Registered
702 Posts
Ive checked all fuses that I know of- which are the fuses under the dash and the ones in the engine compartment. If theres other fuses somewhere, Im sure one of them is the culprit.

·
Registered
702 Posts
And if anyone has a pict of what Im talking about, leme know. Or if you know how to do it or whatever. Any info would be greatly appreciated. (sry- I seem to have pulled this post off topic)

·
Registered
746 Posts
PM brad, he can tell you everything you need to know about changing from digital to analog controls. it is possible, and you can get all the parts you need at your local junkyard

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
why not jsut mounts the controls for the climate control in the glove box. on my gen 2 i just set the temp and leave it
OR..... will the gen 2 unit contol the climate control system in a gen 3? bc on the gen 2 unit you can remove the face plate and mount it anyware.

·
Registered
746 Posts
you would have to fabricate your own piece to fill the hole then. wouldnt be hard... if you have experience with fiberglass.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by hoss@Aug 29 2004, 07:40 PM
you would have to fabricate your own piece to fill the hole then. wouldnt be hard... if you have experience with fiberglass.
Fiberglass... sigh... Bad memories. I tried to do what Brad did to his car when he put his CD player in front of the floor shifter. It did not work out as planned, nor did I know that Brad was a pro with fiberglass. Ashley (LRB) and I are going to go raid a junk yard this week and I hope to find a new center console piece...

Speaking of junk yards, Hoss, could you make me a list of what to get to make the switch from ECC to analog?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by crackhead@Aug 29 2004, 06:42 PM
why not jsut mounts the controls for the climate control in the glove box. on my gen 2 i just set the temp and leave it
OR..... will the gen 2 unit contol the climate control system in a gen 3? bc on the gen 2 unit you can remove the face plate and mount it anyware.
What do you mean my remove the the face plate and mount it anywhere? And does anyone have any pictures of what they're talking about? I've got two different ideas Im trying to workout in my head and they're getting mixed up.

·
Registered
746 Posts
im not sure of what all you will need. brad has the list of parts needed, and i do believe he is more than willing to tell you exactly what you need :)

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
one of our past members, alex has a g3 sable with ECC. what he did it he mounted a cd player into the center counsel, u loose the space, but have a cool hidden cd player..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts