Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really had it up to my eyes with this Taurus :angryfire: . G4 Duratec. The symptoms are:

-poor gas mileage (14 mpg)
-high idle that is slow to normalize
-car accelerates by itself from a stop to about 30mph, drops into 2nd

I have already checked for vac leaks, and have already replaced the PCV tube that is notorious for rotting. I have already replaced the IAC valve, cleaned the MAF, complete tune up (including a coil replaced), and I have checked the TPS by backprobing and checking with a multimeter (like the Chiltons manual said, it tested fine). Please please help!! :confused:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Back when my brother owned my Bull it did the same thing but it wasnt as bad. It would only hit about 20 mph if you just let your foot off the brake and give it no gas. But a new set of fuel injectors is what I think took care of the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I could be wrong but when a car accelerates all by its self some thing is seriously out of whack. Like the PCM is not programmed right or calibrated right. If this was my car I would take it to the dealer.

Just my 2¢.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The throttle cable and valve seem to travel smoothly and not catch on anything. The TB doesn't look that bad at all... :(

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
picture

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
qwertz9586
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing