Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a vacuum fitting pointing down from the plenum that is impossible to see, which you find by reaching up in the gap between the throttle body and the firewall. If the vacuum hose is knocked loose from that fitting, the engine will barely run and throw codes like P1151.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Sounds like I am not the only one to find that out. I will guess several other people have missed that one. Can't see it. It is a "feel project".
-chart-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having oil in the wells is also not a good thing. Oil is a conductor and will short your plugs and cause misfires. It can be hard to functionally remove the offending oils from the plug wires. Fix leaks and replace plug wires.

still sounds like it’s pinging back through the intake. How far out is your timing set?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Having oil in the wells is also not a good thing. Oil is a conductor and will short your plugs and cause misfires. It can be hard to functionally remove the offending oils from the plug wires. Fix leaks and replace plug wires.

still sounds like it’s pinging back through the intake. How far out is your timing set?
Ummm...... no timing adjustment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, So I need some serious help. I recently bought a 03 Ford Taurus 3.0 Duratec engine with 53k miles on it from one of my friends. They claim the car just completely died while driving one day. They replaced Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire the fuel pump, a couple of the vacuum hoses, new spark plugs and wires. Since I have it, the only code that is showing is a P1151 error code. So I first started out by cleaning the MAF, and IAC. Neither did anything. I then replaced the Fuel Pressure Sensor, no change. Cleaned the EGR Valve, and still no change. Replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor, no change. I currently have a crankshaft position sensor on order, but doubtful it is going to work since of how horrible it is running. I am wondering if this happened to anyone else, or if anyone knows of a fix that I am missing. I uploaded a video on my Youtube Channel to show you all how it is running.
You can easily pull one in 10 minutes. FPDM failure usually doesnt set a code or codes directly related to the FPDM, but will set fuel pressure related codes

41 - 49 of 49 Posts