Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a delco cd radio, from an Oldsmobile and I have 17 wire in the back, and I dont know witch wire to plug <_<

if someone know the color code or have a wiring diagram to help me it will be appreciate

the radio I think its from a 1995 car, or truck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It ain't gonna work w/o some serious modifications. First of all, it looks like it screws into the dash. Second it's a double-din unit (the stock Taurus radio is a single din). And third, it's a GM radio. You're gonna have to get a harness from a GM and splice that into the Ford's harness. Then you have cut out that bar between the radio and coin/cup holders in order to get that to fit. Then you have to screw that into your dash down there. You'd have to make a custom panel to fit over it so it doesn't look ghetto. If you don't care if it looks ghetto, then just leave it be. But I would suggest selling that Delco radio and get an aftermarket.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is not for the taurus, is for my current vehicule, I'll plug it with 2 150watt speakers. And I dont have a coin/cup holder in the car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im only 15 years old, and now I have a scooter, but my current audio system dosent work great and I want to replace it.

but in the picture, I have put 2 big speaker. but I will can put my two 4inches (150watt) speakers with the CD radio on the box.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
A scooter? I don't think it'd be practical to put an audio system on a scooter. But whatever. You'd need 12v to power the radio and speakers and then you'll need to find a wiring diagram. There might be one at http://www.autozone.com

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt find any diagrams on this site.

and I have, now, an audio system in my scooter, but its an old cassete player and one of the two speaker didnt work !

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is not the same, mine its a 1995 Cd radio. But it still a GM and it look work !

tanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have tried to plug it on a car batterie and its work great. tanks again

and yes, I have a sound system in my scoot :chili: lol

there is my old audio setup, I'll make the box and install the new tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn, I plugged it, and I was getting a error 22 & error 23 (I dont dont what the hell is that !) maybe it because my batterie was not full or maybe is just because the radio need to receive a couple of hit from the road.

lol

if someone knows the error code list, It will be appreciate.

tanks and good night

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I don't know about the error, but I know some late '90s GM radios are equipt with anti-theft so the radio won't work if it's taken out of the car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its work, but sometime the CD can't enter in the radio

maybe because my batterie are not at the max, and its only 7amp !lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts