Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my names Juan I have a 2005 ford Taurus se and I wanted to install hi lo converter in my car so I could put an amp in it so I took out the factory head unit and I disconnected the wiring harness that goes to the stereo I cut a black and pink wire i stripped the wire with a lighter I turned on the car and the stero didn't turn on so I was guessing I could use that for a remote wire for the amp so I connected all back together and I turned on the car once again and the stereo would not turn on and the instrument panel or the windows wouldn't work either so I checked all the fuses in the main fuse relay box in the engine bay and none of the fuse were blown I checked the fuse box inside the car I only check fuses number 22 and 30 and they weren't blown either if anybody could help me please reply back thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No what's the rcu? I only cut one wire where the factory stereo goes I cut a black and pink wire that is on the wire harness for the stereo

·
Registered
150 Posts
As indicated above, the panel in the dash is simply a wired remote control for the main unit in the trunk. There are no connections in the dash that can be of use to you.

Edit: It's been a few years since I used a kit... There may be a short harness on the kit face that connects to the plug at the ICP for illumination, maybe power as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts