Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to enlist everyone I can think of to help to find a toaster for a Christmas gift...

I have a friend who has gone off to college and I want to get her a new toaster for the holidays... the only thing is that her dorm hall doesn't allow exposed heating coils (a piece of paper or something could fall in and catch fire if they are still hot)...

Does anybody know where I can buy a toaster that has concealed heating? I know they exist... the inside looks kind of like a box or pocket with smooth, flat sides instead of all the wires and coils.

If ANYBODY knows of a store that carries these, that would be awesome. I would rather not have to order it online, but if I must then oh well. I would also like to keep the cost under 30 dollars... but seeing as I can't find one anywhere... I might need to pay more.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I need to enlist everyone I can think of to help to find a toaster for a Christmas gift...

I have a friend who has gone off to college and I want to get her a new toaster for the holidays... the only thing is that her dorm hall doesn't allow exposed heating coils (a piece of paper or something could fall in and catch fire if they are still hot)...

Does anybody know where I can buy a toaster that has concealed heating? I know they exist... the inside looks kind of like a box or pocket with smooth, flat sides instead of all the wires and coils.

If ANYBODY knows of a store that carries these, that would be awesome. I would rather not have to order it online, but if I must then oh well. I would also like to keep the cost under 30 dollars... but seeing as I can't find one anywhere... I might need to pay more.
[/b]
Every appliance store in America carries toaster ovens.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what everyone says, but those won't work either because you can still reach in and touch the heating element. They have some crazy policy at the college. I really don;t understand it.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
There isn't such a thing. The best your friend can do is microwave whatever it is and melt the butter in.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
That toaster is pretty and I had no idea such a thing existed. It's pretty but I wouldn't trade my chrome toaster for it... my sweet chrome toaster with EXPOSED heating coils! Ha!

Sorry I have nothing useful to add to this but I couldn't let a thread about toasters go untouched. I'll leave now.

PS: That school policy is :gay:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
It's pretty common though...we can't have toasters, toaster ovens, George Foreman grills, waffle makers, blah blah blah and so on.

It kinda stinks, but there's a sorta half-kitchen with a stove about 15 feet down the hall. Nobody ever uses it, so I've kind of declared it mine :lol2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts