Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, few days ago my wipers stopped working completely, for seemingly no reason but we all know there is always a reason. The wipers were intermittent once or twice before they full went out. BUT once it happened I took these steps:

1. Changed Multi-Switch
2. Checked Fuses, they were fine
3. Tested Relays, seemed fine
4. Changed Wiper Motor

NOTHING worked....then something wierd happened...

I went to autozone to return motor and switch since it didnt fix it and i ended up getting the brilliant idea to put my blower motor relay in the wiper park slot to see if possibly it was the relay, MY WIPERS WORKED!! EXCEPT they would turn on anytime the car was turning on or the wipers were just turned off. They would keep going for 10 seconds or so, but they worked none the less. SO i bought a new relay, and it didnt work with the new relays and fuses....now, it doesnt work...ANY CLUES? im kind of annoyed driving with my head out the window during ice storms here in PA

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Check your MFS. It could be shorted out or causing your issue.

·
Registered
955 Posts
also, this is not a 'mechanical' fix, but if you put RainX on your windshield, you won't even need your wipers, that is if it's rain. Now, if it's snow, that's another issue altogether.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mediarocket - just cleaned off old grease and put on new dialectric grease on MFS and still nothing.... Also i tried changing the MFS once, didnt do anything

Ricer - I bought some rain-x, i knew i needed to. Its amazing in anything rainy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.