Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

I Lost To A "soccer Mom"

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Noir04 
G
#1 ·
So my friend and i had to car pool to an event and i took my sable, and he took his mom's caravan. We were parallel with one another at a light and we both took off at the same time. Why on earth did i lose to a Caravan??? My car is losing it's touch....and it's rep.
i can't win against a minivan, but i can smoke a grand am gt?

I'm watching Nat. Lampoons Christmas vacation, yay for the Gen1 Taurus wagon pulling a fast and the furious stunt! (going under the logging semi) That wagon is driven hard!! Just thought that i'd add that....

See less See more
#4 ·
A Duratec lost to a Caravan? My friend's Caravan has the 3.8 V-6 (I believe that's the size...it's the highest displacement motor offered) and it's slow as dirt. My Vulcan would beat it in a race. A Dura should destroy it. We had trouble hitting triple digit speeds. In fact, I don't think it would get there, and the road was perfectly flat, and we gave it fairly good distance.

Oh yes, and it's a 98 Caravan that doesn't have a CD or Tape player in it.

#5 ·
It is honestly the low end torque and gearing the van has that killed you. The Duratec has none because it is meant to lay smack down not haul a bunch of kiddies around. Normally if you talk that kind of trash your opponent will shut up but in the event that they dont...

When you come up to the light and stop, hold the brakes down hard with your heel. Once you see the other lights change, lightly tap the gas with your toes and watch the hover around just over 1000 rpm. Your car will sound like it is idling high and the Caravan is going to be all like :uhoh2: this is where it gets fun. When the light goes green OOPS
your foot "slipped" off the gas pedal
hold about 1/2 throttle and gradually lower your foot until you're at the floor within the span of about a second and lay into it. You will get beat off the line, the Caravan will be like
but all of the sudden your car will clear 4000 RPM and the Sable will be all like
and the Caravan will be hearing this bwwwooooaaahhhh noise and be like
as they see your car pass on by like
Once the car shifts into 2nd keep on it and let off around 4500. By this time you are doing about 40-45 mph and will have approximately 35 car lenghts
on the piece of :constipated: van and everyone in your car will be like
because you saved the day!!!YOU SAVED THE DAY KIM YOU REALLY DID!!!! and you will be like
and :spinningsmiley: and then you will be
about how you just
a Caravan and we will all be like
because your
is

Oh and why are you racing your friends mom?

#7 ·
Originally posted by Twilight@Dec 8 2003, 02:40 AM
It is honestly the low end torque and gearing the van has that killed you. The Duratec has none because it is meant to lay smack down not haul a bunch of kiddies around. Normally if you talk that kind of trash your opponent will shut up but in the event that they dont...

When you come up to the light and stop, hold the brakes down hard with your heel. Once you see the other lights change, lightly tap the gas with your toes and watch the hover around just over 1000 rpm. Your car will sound like it is idling high and the Caravan is going to be all like :uhoh2: this is where it gets fun. When the light goes green OOPS
your foot "slipped" off the gas pedal
hold about 1/2 throttle and gradually lower your foot until you're at the floor within the span of about a second and lay into it. You will get beat off the line, the Caravan will be like
but all of the sudden your car will clear 4000 RPM and the Sable will be all like
and the Caravan will be hearing this bwwwooooaaahhhh noise and be like
as they see your car pass on by like
Once the car shifts into 2nd keep on it and let off around 4500. By this time you are doing about 40-45 mph and will have approximately 35 car lenghts
on the piece of :constipated: van and everyone in your car will be like
because you saved the day!!!YOU SAVED THE DAY KIM YOU REALLY DID!!!! and you will be like
and :spinningsmiley: and then you will be
about how you just
a Caravan and we will all be like
because your
is

Oh and why are you racing your friends mom?
Holy icons batman

#9 ·
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Dec 8 2003, 12:00 PM
Anybody else remember the old Highlights magazines where they had the story with pictures in the place of some words?
Oh man, so true! That brings back some memories

G
#11 ·
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Dec 8 2003, 12:00 PM
Anybody else remember the old Highlights magazines where they had the story with pictures in the place of some words?
Yep

Alex, I have never seen smilies so.... "used"

Alex... I officially name you our TCCA Smiley Expert

#13 ·
Don't feel to bad I almost lost to a 3400 Venture. 175hp 210tq. But it did have a little head start. It is the gearing. That is why a Grand Am can pull hard in first gear. Of couse my wip is a 2001 GA with a 2.4 twin cam

#14 ·
While I was in the states. I actually raced my best friends 2000 Grand Caravan up and down the interstate.

:punchbob:

He didn't have a chance

Although, He can haul his wife, all three kids and still have room for two more. My 04 with the bench seat is jam packed with 6 people.

But. It's not a minivan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.