Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently recently I lost my keys do my 2006 Ford Taurus and without looking too far into how to really fix it i jumped on line and I bought a new ignition cylinder drill the old one out installed the new one and wouldn't you know the anti-theft security light was flashing at me I must have watched 60 videos now trying to get it all figured out I don't have a lot of money so I can't really call a mechanic if anyone could help that would be awesome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is really nothing you can do but call a locksmith and have new keys made and programmed into the cars PCM. Other than that you can order a new PCM and a preprogrammed keys and cylinder off of the internet. Both will run approximately the same but locksmith will be faster.
i havey trying to come up with ideas I came up with one that I think may work tell me if this is dumb but I'm just trying to get it all figured out if I was to dismantle my door somehow get to the locking mechanism you think I can manually lock and unlock my door with the new key in the ignition and program it that way

·
Administrator
15,301 Posts
A JY PCM that comes along with keys might be an option but that's probably more expensive than a locksmith

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Longshot but have you looked in the owner books in the glove box, the keycode may be with the books if you got the car new.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I thought forscan world do a timed program of PATS. Or is that with one working key?

Longshot but have you looked in the owner books in the glove box, the keycode may be with the books if you got the car new.
Key code for the mechanical cut? How would that help?
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts