Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know in the time ive been on here, sometime ive been an ******* to people, idk, i get too cocky sometimes and im sorry.

but i was wondering if anyone could help me out with what im goin through, let me put the story in place.

I dated this girl i fricken loved for over a year and 4 months (yea, not that long to some ppl, but my longest relationship ive ever had) and I found out she was lieing to me about something last Friday, she said she was going to her friends house while I worked on my GL fixing the water pump, soon as I finished, I wanted to test drive it and see her, got to her friends house, guess what? shes not there.

so im kinda pissed, then I find out she went to her OTHER friends house that she didnt say she was going too, and she was drinking, then guess what else to top it off? She went to the club with one of her girlfriends after that. I want to know why the hell a girl in a relationship would go out drinking and clubbing and lie about it...

So i dumped her on Saturday, one of the hardest things I had to do, but this wasnt the first time she hurt me like that, and I couldnt really take it anymore.

Come to find out yesterday, i went to her house to get some of my stuff, and I find out shes been messing around with another dude already...

yea...

Ive felt a mix between the most strong emotions ive ever felt before, the most angry ive ever been in my life, and also the most depressed.

well for the most part, alot of the anger is gone, and im just... severely depressed...

everyone I talk too just says "forget about her, blablabla, she did bad to u, just forget bout her" but its alot harder then that... alot...

I just don't know what to do... :(

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Just take it day by day man. It's all you can do.

Once it's behind you, just remember not to hold what she did to you against your next girlfriend.

Follow those two suggestions, and you'll be just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Racer X @ Apr 18 2009, 04:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718624

Once it's behind you, just remember not to hold what she did to you against your next girlfriend.

Follow those two suggestions, and you'll be just fine.[/b]
Thanks Hamal, ill remember that.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
If she really does love you, she will cool off after trying to ignore her problems by fooling around with the next available guy. You should just do your best to get on with life and not worry about her. She will take care of herself and you need to focus on your own needs.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
At least you dumped her early on.

I dumped my girlfriend awhile back. I love it to be honest.

Being a broke ass college student with some c**t (People find this word offensive. But it's true) who wanted to milk me for money. I guess I did it because I was a *****? Didn't realize it either... I dunno, eventually I got a hold of myself, dumped her. It's great. One day I'll find someone better and right. But for now, I don't worry about it.

Women suck. Every relationship has been a pain in the ass. My ideal woman would share the same interest in Tauruses that I do...

Therefore, I am screwed! :lol2: :lol2:

One thing I learned from it: Don't date someone who is also friends with your friends. Turns life into hell... Ah well, I don't plan on staying in this shithole of a state for too long! Though with this new job, might be a bit of a delayed move :(

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
QUOTE (Racer X @ Apr 18 2009, 05:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718624

Follow those two suggestions, and you'll be just fine.[/b]

:werd:

'tis better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all.....remember the good times but move on. Also, my advice is to take life as it is: don't feel pressure to go out and find a girlfriend...it usually doesn't work that way.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
QUOTE (TaurusKev @ Apr 18 2009, 08:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718670
Women suck. Every relationship has been a pain in the ass. My ideal woman would share the same interest in Tauruses that I do...[/b]
not true not all woman, every girl i've dated and broke up with I still talk to on a regular basis. no psycho
girls for me. :lol2:

you just don't know where you are going to met the future g/f and then hopefully wife to be.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i talked to her again and i think it was rather effective. instead of bitching about it like i have been the past day and a half, which just aggervated her and made her more angry, i showed I was mature and just told her no matter what she thinks of me, i only wish the best for her, blablabla. I think it kinda made her feel kinda crappy knowing im over her.

who knows

more time and money to work on the SHO! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Apr 18 2009, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718674
Also, my advice is to take life as it is: don't feel pressure to go out and find a girlfriend...it usually doesn't work that way.[/b]
Yea I know, but ever sense my first relationship, ive felt that im not a complete person without someone else by my side. there was like, 4 months between my first real relationship and me meeting a 2nd girl, iwas with her for a few weeks, didnt work. then about 6 months later I met the girl I just broke up with.

between that timeframe, all i wanted was someone to make me feel special, ya know? makes it feel like you have a place in life. Before I was just mad depressed, and just smoked / drank alot to keep myself calm, terrible idea, haha.

anyway, I just need to learn to not be so... whats the word... attachful? to other people. I feel like I need someone to be happy. otherwise its not possible.

oh well, enough of my emo rant, everythings good for now, and thanks to everyone that helped with advice.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well, everyone has some point of time in there lives have faced that.. n felt the way u r feeling now.

First thing, the only way out of this is to find another girl, rather quickly. Next will help you forget previous, much faster, and life will be back on track much easily. This girl need not be your dream girl, or a perfect match, just someone who can keep u pampered and happy for some time, so that you can forget the past easily.

After my first bad experience, I have a principal - never dump a girl, it makes u lonely in a moment. If you have decided to dump a girl, find her replacement first(2nd girl), it will slowly turn your emotions away from the first one, and then you can dump her easily.

Its the same way, you dont discard your car, unless you buy the second one.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
QUOTE (risoworker @ Apr 18 2009, 09:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718676
Women suck. Every relationship has been a pain in the ass. My ideal woman would share the same interest in Tauruses that I do...[/b]
not true not all woman, every girl i've dated and broke up with I still talk to on a regular basis. no psycho

you just don't know where you are going to met the future g/f and then hopefully wife to be.
[/b][/quote]
You're also one lucky ######. Most girls I've dated, I stopped talking to. Many times for a good reason too :p

Main problem for me is I guess since I am a bit of a youngin' (21) many of the girls I date are immature, which of course, I don't see at the time... And once you break up with them, they become a psycho bitch... I need to start focusing on cougars... :p

Like the last one, once I dumped her, I was cool about it, I was all, "We seemed to have gone separate ways, so I think it'd be best if we were just friends instead of a couple." She seemed cool at first... But then the shitstorm came of lies and rumors. Which is why it's bad to date people who are also friends with your friends :p

Sadly, the idiots believe many of them, after knowing me for years... ******** :rolleyes2:

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
QUOTE (ab_sood @ Apr 18 2009, 11:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718714
Well, everyone has some point of time in there lives have faced that.. n felt the way u r feeling now.

First thing, the only way out of this is to find another girl, rather quickly. Next will help you forget previous, much faster, and life will be back on track much easily. This girl need not be your dream girl, or a perfect match, just someone who can keep u pampered and happy for some time, so that you can forget the past easily.

After my first bad experience, I have a principal - never dump a girl, it makes u lonely in a moment. If you have decided to dump a girl, find her replacement first(2nd girl), it will slowly turn your emotions away from the first one, and then you can dump her easily.

Its the same way, you dont discard your car, unless you buy the second one.[/b]
This might be the worst advice I've ever read...think of how the second girl would feel being the rebound girl, that's just cruel.

animex2, you're doing the right thing by being mature about it. But don't do it because it makes her feel crappy, do it because it makes you feel good. Over a year together is a fair bit of time, so you should take some time off for yourself. If you've neglected any friends while with this girl, take some time to spend with them. Just do stuff you enjoy, whether it's working on your car, playing music, or anything else, just do what makes you feel good. Experiences like this help us become better people :)

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
QUOTE (mikeo007 @ Apr 19 2009, 12:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718725
QUOTE (ab_sood @ Apr 18 2009, 11:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718714

Its the same way, you dont discard your car, unless you buy the second one.[/b]
This might be the worst advice I've ever read...think of how the second girl would feel being the rebound girl, that's just cruel.

[/b][/quote]

I found it to be a bit funny! :lol2:

Though, I've also had quite a bit to drink tonight. :p

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 18 2009, 11:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718713
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Apr 18 2009, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718674
Also, my advice is to take life as it is: don't feel pressure to go out and find a girlfriend...it usually doesn't work that way.[/b]
Yea I know, but ever sense my first relationship, ive felt that im not a complete person without someone else by my side. there was like, 4 months between my first real relationship and me meeting a 2nd girl, iwas with her for a few weeks, didnt work. then about 6 months later I met the girl I just broke up with.

between that timeframe, all i wanted was someone to make me feel special, ya know? makes it feel like you have a place in life. Before I was just mad depressed, and just smoked / drank alot to keep myself calm, terrible idea, haha.

anyway, I just need to learn to not be so... whats the word... attachful? to other people. I feel like I need someone to be happy. otherwise its not possible.

oh well, enough of my emo rant, everythings good for now, and thanks to everyone that helped with advice.
[/b][/quote]

I used to be co-dependant, let me tell you, that is a signal you should be single for a while. I used to be in a co-dependent relationship a number of years ago with a coke-head psycho from hell for over a year, until mother talked some sense into me and I could not take that person's drama anymore. What hurts us only makes us stronger in the end. Spend more time with your friends, friends help us through the hard times. You could do what I did, get a DOG instead of a girl! You know the dog will always be there for you, and will always love you back!

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
QUOTE (TaurusKev @ Apr 18 2009, 11:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718715
QUOTE (risoworker @ Apr 18 2009, 09:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718676

[/b][/quote]
You're also one lucky ######. Most girls I've dated, I stopped talking to. Many times for a good reason too :p

Main problem for me is I guess since I am a bit of a youngin' (21) many of the girls I date are immature, which of course, I don't see at the time... And once you break up with them, they become a psycho bitch... I need to start focusing on cougars... :p

Like the last one, once I dumped her, I was cool about it, I was all, "We seemed to have gone separate ways, so I think it'd be best if we were just friends instead of a couple." She seemed cool at first... But then the shitstorm came of lies and rumors. Which is why it's bad to date people who are also friends with your friends :p

Sadly, the idiots believe many of them, after knowing me for years... ******** :rolleyes2:
[/b][/quote]
remind me not to date any psycho girls. :lol2:
it's not luck i just made the girl chase me i've never chased a girl, then they get determined.
like one girl i ignored her every time i would see her and she would always make a point to get
my attention. I would act as if she wasn't there but never rude to her, i would talk to her but not
seem interested.
one day i asked her she was angry with me, she said no mad determined. ;) dated her for two years
and still friends.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I've found break-ups go better by getting as far away from the girl as possible and massive amounts of alcohol. That's just me.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I don't know what to tell you to do but, definitely keep your cool. And DON'T do what I did.

We had been together for about 2.5 years, and I showed up at her house one night, and there was another car in the driveway. She answered the door, and I asked whos car it was. She told me who (a guy I had caught her texting a couple of times, and she threw a hissy fit saying "how dare you accuse me, etc, etc.." and that it was absolutely nothing), and I lost it. $3500 down the side of the others guys Sentra R. Made sure the whole driver side was fkd. I was in a state of pure blind rage. All I really remember was walking away from the car.

In hindsight; simply walking away, with no emotion as Natalie watched would have done more damage...

I still horribly regret ALL OF IT, even to this day, and it has just about been a year since that night.

:icon_frown:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts