Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i was driving in my car, and this lil fuzzy bunny ran out in front of me.. probably 4 feet in front of my car.. iw as doing 40mph.. and i heard a pop
I felt soo bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
One time I was driving, also doing about 40 m.p.h. Along comes a bird and lands right in front of me. Needless to say, I looked in the rear-view mirror to see feathers flying everywhere. Moron bird.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by '91Taurus@Mar 30 2004, 01:03 AM
One time I was driving, also doing about 40 m.p.h. Along comes a bird and lands right in front of me. Needless to say, I looked in the rear-view mirror to see feathers flying everywhere. Moron bird.
once i was riding with my sister and this seagull lands in front of the car in front of us...

we see guts shoot out sideways ... she shreaks and lets go of the steering wheel and closes her eyes . im like WTF GRAB THE WHEEL!! lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by afi292+Mar 30 2004, 01:11 AM-->QUOTE (afi292 @ Mar 30 2004, 01:11 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-'91Taurus
@Mar 30 2004, 01:03 AM
One time I was driving, also doing about 40 m.p.h.  Along comes a bird and lands right in front of me. Needless to say, I looked in the rear-view mirror to see feathers flying everywhere.  Moron bird.
once i was riding with my sister and this seagull lands in front of the car in front of us...

we see guts shoot out sideways ... she shreaks and lets go of the steering wheel and closes her eyes . im like WTF GRAB THE WHEEL!! lol [/b]
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Typical female driver. The best was driving school on the skidpad. We had an old police interceptor and we were messing around with the pavement wet. We were doing skid control. I did a near 360 at about 40 MPH and the girl that was supposed to drive next that was sitting in the backseat started crying.


Priceless.


-Damon
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
Originally posted by duratecchie+Mar 30 2004, 01:28 AM-->QUOTE (duratecchie @ Mar 30 2004, 01:28 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2004, 01:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-'91Taurus
@Mar 30 2004, 01:03 AM
One time I was driving, also doing about 40 m.p.h.  Along comes a bird and lands right in front of me. Needless to say, I looked in the rear-view mirror to see feathers flying everywhere.  Moron bird.

once i was riding with my sister and this seagull lands in front of the car in front of us...

we see guts shoot out sideways ... she shreaks and lets go of the steering wheel and closes her eyes . im like WTF GRAB THE WHEEL!! lol
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Typical female driver. The best was driving school on the skidpad. We had an old police interceptor and we were messing around with the pavement wet. We were doing skid control. I did a near 360 at about 40 MPH and the girl that was supposed to drive next that was sitting in the backseat started crying.


Priceless.


-Damon [/b]
haha Classic Damon
 
G

·
Originally posted by afi292@Mar 29 2004, 09:50 PM
Ok so i was driving in my car, and this lil fuzzy bunny ran out in front of me.. probably 4 feet in front of my car.. iw as doing 40mph.. and i heard a pop
I felt soo bad
OMG, is the car ok?!?



j/k
 
G

·
this past fall/winter a car infront of me hit a skunk, and all the fumes went into my car...it took forever to get the smell out of my leather seats and everytime that my car gets really hot, i can smell it
i don't know how to get rid of it. especially since the smell comes from the vents..yuck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by FatTortoise@Mar 30 2004, 10:33 AM
Sppft! I sit in my backyard with a pellet gun and pop off Crows and Grakels. No Big Deal.. Things die. lol
but thats different they arent lil fuzzy bunnies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Last summer I had the bird that just would not wanna let go of my car. I was going 35, saw him fly right in front of the bumper, heard a thump, watched him fly up over the bumper, hit the hood, and then cartwheel into the windshield, and then off of the car. I stopped and picked him up and took him to an animal hospital, but he died en-route.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
I was on my way to a Christmas party this past December, and I'm driving through this neighborhood and I see a bunch of kids running around, it turns out they were chasing a cat, and they chased it into the street, right in front of my car, there was absolutely nothing I could do. I slammed on my brakes and got out (my car ended up blocking traffic), and the kids told me it was a neighbors cat and they were just having fun with it.....I felt like crap for the rest of the night....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by smc540@Mar 30 2004, 11:40 AM
I was on my way to a Christmas party this past December, and I'm driving through this neighborhood and I see a bunch of kids running around, it turns out they were chasing a cat, and they chased it into the street, right in front of my car, there was absolutely nothing I could do. I slammed on my brakes and got out (my car ended up blocking traffic), and the kids told me it was a neighbors cat and they were just having fun with it.....I felt like crap for the rest of the night....
well hey i kill kittens every night..but thats a different story...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,111 Posts
Man, look...

If it fits under the bumper, and it not something I have to stop for by law (dogs, deer, and livestock here in NY), then hopefully whatever it is will miss the tires.


Fuzzy bunnies included.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,075 Posts
This one time at band camp.......



j/k



I have one piece of advice for anything in front or under my car....... <_<

Run fast or dodge the tires, otherwise you get to see the tread pattern up close
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,308 Posts
my mom hit a bird once with her van. It got wedged in the grill and she made me yank it out. so i got it out and chucked it in the woods, but not before mounding up dirt infront of the van and put a cross made out of twigs at the top like i burried it there. My sister freaked out...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
933 Posts
on the way to visit a college my mom and I ran into something in our Audi A4, never found out what it was, but it cost the insurance like 1500 to fix it, mostly becuase it FUBARed one of those little motorized washer nozzles that sprays down the headlights.

I nailed a bird once in my GL, couldn't believe it, they usually get out of the way fast enough! and to pull feathers out of the forward running lights, could have been worse!

best story I've ever heard was the time Paul hit a Robin, it ended up behind the bumper cover in front of the radiator...still alive!



haha what a story!

http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/RobinAttack.htm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,632 Posts
Ive only hit an animal once.. I was going down a side street trying to beat the train and this moron squirrel comes out of nowhere! It was probably thinking "Oh It's a Taurus - old people drive Tauruses so I'll sit here. They'll swerve." Well, he runs into the road and I see it too late.. all I hear is "CRRRUNK! THUNK THUNK THUNK EERRRRUNK!" I guess the squirrel got caught in by the rotors or something and stayed the for a minute until i hit a pothole and it flew out.
!

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
952 Posts
I've had two animal experiances. Once it was late and kinda foggy. I was going down my street at about 35 when this young dear darts into the middle of the street and just stops there. I hit my brakes for all I was wworth and decelerated to probably about 5 miles an hour when I hit it. I basically knocked it's legs out from under it and it kinda fell over on my car then slit off onto the street. It got up, obviously dazed for a second, then ran off into the woods. AFAIK the deer survived with little more then some bruses (I assume deers get bruses). My car was fine.

Normally squirls get out of my way quickly, but once I ran over a squirl at about 45. I don't think I actually hit it, but in my rear view mirror I could see the thing tumble end over end behind my car. It was actually kinda funny.

-Dan
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top