Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here In the Upper peninsula of Michigan the big three do alot of their cold weather testing. I've personally seen at least 1 year before going on sale,

2002 dodge ram

2003 Jeep Rubicon

2002 Jeep Liberty

200? Ford Freestyle

now as I was driving up the highway I saw the "manufacturer" plate. as I sped up I thought it was a crown vic but it was too small. It was the 500,

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Awsome...howd the 500 look out on the road?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I planned on it, I just had to go outside for a minute.

the thing looks like a baby crown vic with an 04 taurus ft. end. It seriously looks nice but honestly, if It wasn't for the manufacturer's plate I may not have noticed what it was. It was black with grey spraypaint all over it. FOrd usually does this type of camouflage.

The driver was pretty much racing me since he saw that I was looking. He wanted to get out of there ASAP. when I took pics of the Jeep rubicon that got plastered all over the net, the driver was supposedly fired and if that was the case I feel sorry for him, but when you leave a test vehicle parked on the street you are kinda asking for it from an enthusiest who happens to be at the right place at the right time.

on the 500, it had big wheels 17's maybe? the guages glowed green. It had leather also. I wish I could be more of a help but it was dark. It also seemed to have HID's but I am not sure if that will make it to production.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I have a pic of one on the road last auagust

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Yeah the 500 comes with 17s optional 18s.

Maybe they will have the same bolt pattern so I could run some used 500 wheels. Wait, the wheels are fugly, nevermind. lol

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Erg! When will Ford get rid of that nasty green backlighting on their guages!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
yeah dude, those cars are usually parked at michigan tech for us engineering students to gauk at...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do the fords parked at tech have the leopard pattern spray paint job on the side? lol. I forgot I saw the new mustang in the fall of 02 also

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by mp97taurus@Jan 14 2004, 10:19 PM
do the fords parked at tech have the leopard pattern spray paint job on the side? lol. I forgot I saw the new mustang in the fall of 02 also
hahah yes the ones that the engineers gut and turn into effecient racing machines

1 - 11 of 11 Posts