Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was pulling out of a business today, and there was this old beater truck behind me..its a tight spot and i bumped into him :(

His truck, if it was damaged.. couldnt tell it was a beater.. so i went and knocked on his door he came to the window and started to laugh at me.. so im like ok, and i mouth come out here and i pointed down at my feet... he just went away .. i waited 10 minutes.. he still didnt come out so i figured he didnt care..

Now heres the bad part.. my rear bumper has a crease in it, and is scratched up... how do i fix it? someone said heat gun and touch up paint would be the quick cheap way to fix it? any other ideas... buy a new bumper cover??

Jesse

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by afi292@May 25 2004, 06:02 PM
Up close, its not pretty :(
:eek: Oh damn that sucks :(

oh and holy orange peel batman :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Firespirit@May 25 2004, 06:17 PM
Oh dang, that's not cool.. Just buy a new rear bumper cover.. I think that would be the safest route to go!
on ebay, they will color match a new bumper cover for 210 dollars.. i dont have that though im broke :( anyone have a doner G4 bumper cover?

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Yeah, I'm in the same boat you are.. I still need to replace my front bumper cover.. But I don't have the $190 (color matched) to mess around with, because I'm just worrying about catching up with my regular maint. But... then I guess I'm lucky because they make bras for Tauruses.. while they don't make a bra for the rear :(

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Hey afi292 where are you located in WI?

I live in the Milwaukee area

Adam

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I have the same dilemna with the front bumper for my Mustang. Just get the ebay bumper and until then its gonna be ugly. Any body shop is gonna want $400+ to repair that.

Start saving your empty's. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
:eek: That is the SAME thing that happened to me only yesterday (minus the crease)! I ran into a parking barrier, forgetting that I am driving a Sable, not an Aspire. I did the same thing and had about the same result, it looks good from a far.

I was talking to my buddy who drives a 1983 Crown Vic and he brought a very good point about painted bumpers. He said that he thinks that half of the SUV/small truck craze is from people who want durable chrome bumpers. You would have to do some SERIOUS damage to a chrome bumper to make it look bad. If you look while driving, you will notice that almost everyone with an older car has some kind of imperfection on their covers.

Sorry to hear about the bumper. What ebay site did you see the bumper cover at?

At least I have company. :(

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@May 25 2004, 08:29 PM
:eek: That is the SAME thing that happened to me only yesterday (minus the crease)! I ran into a parking barrier, forgetting that I am driving a Sable, not an Aspire. I did the same thing and had about the same result, it looks good from a far.

I was talking to my buddy who drives a 1983 Crown Vic and he brought a very good point about painted bumpers. He said that he thinks that half of the SUV/small truck craze is from people who want durable chrome bumpers. You would have to do some SERIOUS damage to a chrome bumper to make it look bad. If you look while driving, you will notice that almost everyone with an older car has some kind of imperfection on their covers.

Sorry to hear about the bumper. What ebay site did you see the bumper cover at?

At least I have company. :(
Yeha i understand that.. i wish i had one now :(

now i need a new bumper

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by mattman3891@May 25 2004, 09:14 PM
when i put a nice dent in the bottom of my GF's gen4 front bumper we just gave it to the ford dealer and reheated the bumper and molded it back so it popped out and then filled in the stress cracks and repainted it, can never tell it was dented....thank god ;)

-matt
what did it cost if i may i ask?

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by mattman3891@May 25 2004, 09:14 PM
when i put a nice dent in the bottom of my GF's gen4 front bumper we just gave it to the ford dealer and reheated the bumper and molded it back so it popped out and then filled in the stress cracks and repainted it, can never tell it was dented....thank god ;)

-matt
I wish I dated someone who owned a Taurus :(

I "date" someone who owns a freaking neon. yuck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.