Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup...no kidding. Getting close to the time to buy new tires for the bull...so as I'm poking around tirerack.com...I come across the newest level of silliness...the Kumho Ecsta DX Aroma. No kidding....lavender scented tires. So now my garage can smell like a gas drenched flower...super! ;) Someone please tell me this is a joke.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Couple those with the ones that make pink smoke, and the gay pride parade can finally have it's long-awaited burn out contest. THUPER!! :lol2:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple those with the ones that make pink smoke, and the gay pride parade can finally have it's long-awaited burn out contest. THUPER!! :lol2: [/b]

:rofl2:

·
Registered
887 Posts

Yep, just google "lavender scented tires" and you come up with all kinds of links about the tires. Here's the manufacturer's link: http://www.kumhousa.com/tires/passenger/ul...ormance/KU33.do
Press release: http://www.kumhousa.com/pressrelease.do?newsId=156

Boy, the things we'll see in our lifetimes!

Typical Vehicle Matches

* Acura CL
* BMW 750iL
* Buick Park Avenue
* Cadillac Eldorado, Seville
* Chevrolet Camaro, Malibu
* Chrysler Sebring
* Ford Taurus
* Hyundai Tucson
* Infiniti Q45
* Lexus ES330 & 300
* Lincoln Town Car
* Mercedes C & S class
* Subaru Forester
[/b]

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
oh...

my...

god...

:puke:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Yep, they are real. Our Local "Luxury" car dealership uses them on all their showroom cars. They smell decent.. but you definitely dont wanna sniff em up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What's next, peppermint, apple pie, or maybe even strawberry shortcake!!!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Couple those with the ones that make pink smoke, and the gay pride parade can finally have it's long-awaited burn out contest. THUPER!! :lol2:
[/b]
OH god that's too funny.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
my discount tire had one of those in a case you could open and smell, they did smell really good.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<div class='quotemain'> No kidding....lavender scented tires. So now my garage can smell like a gas drenched flower...super! ;) Someone please tell me this is a joke. [/b]

Ah... Why does your garage smell like gas? :blink:

[/b][/quote]

Well, of course there is a little "petroleum" smell...I mean there are two cars in there, a lawnmower, a gas can, etc, etc... I mean, these guys are making scented tires, and your gonna give me "a hard time" for being sarcastic???? Geeez!!! :rofl2: (course I'm j/k)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
:lol2: I was poking around tirerack the other day since I need new tires soon too and was like :blink:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Ironic that this thread comes from "redtires." :p

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
No typical new tire smell. Designed for fitments on high-end luxury sedans, this innovative tire comes in a lavender fragrance that is activated via heat-resistant oils that are infused in the tread compound. But expect more than aromatherapy because this tire delivers a quiet, comfortable ride with remarkable wet traction throughout its tread life.[/b]
and it trickled down to us Taurus people!? nic... no thanks. I prefer the smelll of burning rubber, not burning lavender.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
:lol2: I was poking around tirerack the other day since I need new tires soon too and was like :blink:
[/b]
Tirerack was just having a sale (and might still be) on the Kumho Ecsta ASX. Prices were really good. If I wasn't about to get rid of my wife's car, I'd have picked up a set for her. I can't stand the ****** Toyos on her Mazda.

JR

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Tirerack was just having a sale (and might still be) on the Kumho Ecsta ASX. Prices were really good. If I wasn't about to get rid of my wife's car, I'd have picked up a set for her. I can't stand the ****** Toyos on her Mazda.

JR [/b][/quote]

You're getting rid of the Mazda3? I thought you both loved that car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
:rofl2: This is the single most retarded thing I have ever heard of. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. XD. Kumho seems soooo serious and proud about them too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts