atf dextron mercron or even synth

and should i get myself a tranny cooler

cuz the fluid in there is not as red as it supposed to be

any pointer will be appreciated :notworthy:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been told that i dont need a tranny cooler since im not hauling any heavy stuff

and we do get some hot wheater but not this hot

and for the synth my friend told me do not use it since in 30 000 m ill have to change it same as the other stuff but it cost about 2 $ a litre and i need 12

for the synth here it 12 $ for a litre lolllllll he said put in the mercron and ad some lucas or some other stuff he told me lollll

·
Registered
208 Posts
A: get a cooler, who ever told you, you don't need one hasn't dished out $1900 for a tranny rebuild. Ford transmissions hate heat and anytime you can make the fluid cooler is always best. Your fluid will last longer, better shifts, and less wear ... beats $1900 anyday

B: Ford uses soft internals for the trransmission gearing, unless you have had a FRESH rebuild, like right out of the shop I wouldn't use synthetic cause it will cause slippage. Regular DMIII w/ about 1-2 quarts of synthetic will work just fine.

Its up to you, its your car - Just presenting the facts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i was gona put a cooler an7yway the only prb here is winter lollllll

and for the oil ill use regular with additive

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I installed two extra ones, this is on top of the OEM aux cooler. I disconnected mine from the radiator. I don't drive it in the winter.

And after driving through the desert and climbing the mountains going to the SHO convention in California I cannot say enough good things about Amsoil Universal ATX fluid. 90 mph up the steep grades, all day at the track in 95F heat and back home again. The fluid looks as good as when I left.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow nice oil lolllll i could not get this here lolllllllll

but my question is i have a small tubing that goes in the from of the rad at a metal base of the frame and it a line for the tranny my friend told me it is a small rad cuz the line is doing like 3 s in the front and then i goes back at the tranny

can i put a better cooling there then the regular tubing ?

it should be better

and me im starting to hate this car if i could get myself a sho v8 over here it would be nice lollllllll but there is not a lot and in my region there is none

so i should go and put a small rad on my tranny secondary line ?

cuz it easy access for the main line im not sure yet i stil have my doubt cuz of the winter here and since im alway doing highway cuz i started to drive around with some strip girl ... lolllllllllll im the driver yes nice job but i just hope no #$^^ prb major with my car will happend

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Where do you live?

Yes I would add a cooler to the one you have. I added two as I said previously and left the OEM one on.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, I put one on too, but I disconnected the OE single tube, not even a tube and fin cooler and made the aftermarket one my main cooler. Prob not the smartest idea in the winter but hey.

So far no problems but definite firmer shifts and my transmission is liking me much more now. Just gotta change the fluid soon cause its past 30k and is getting more burnt by the day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts