Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they got my Kenwood MP3 player, as well as managing to shatter the driver's door glass. Then they sat on the glass and ripped and marred the perfect interior.. I HATE THIEVES..

If anyone happens to know anything about this, let me know. It took place in Layfayette, CO.. The serial number on the CD player is 30200770, and it is a 2003 kenwood Model KDC-MP222.. I doubt anything will come of it but you never know... The police have the serial number so if it shows up at a pawn shop they will sieze it for me. The window and interior damage will come out of my own pocket as I only have liability insurance on the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last one..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
Well as much as that sucks!! I don't know how to relate i have been pretty fortunate, at least they unplugged it nicely? looks like there was little damage to the dash.. which is good. sorry to hear..

·
Registered
486 Posts
WOW. Sorry to hear about that. I hope everything turns out ok in the end. I hate people that do those things. You have to be a real low life piece of sh*t to do something like that. Those are the people that should be taken out of society. Theres only 1 good thing for people like that.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
that really sucks, the best investment on my car is a viper alarm. it has a bright blue led to let everyone know its armed. id either recommend that, or just get a bright led bulb mounted in there with a battery so u can turn it on and off when u leave the car

J

·
0 Posts
Stuff like this REALLY TICKS ME OFF!
Makes me want to strangle somebody! Anyways... at least they didn't slash up the interior and everything... If you need new interior parts I would suggest going to a junkyard or hitting up ebay. To replace your unit, I'd recommend an alarm like Mario said or get one where the face comes off so it's useless for anybody to steal. Sorry to hear about this. I hope the police catch whoever did it so they can get what they deserve!

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
What I am wondering though, is stolen car stereo equipment ever recovered, or is it sort of a lost hope situation, i mean so much goes missing, how much actually is recovreed?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt it will be recovered. The only damage to the interior is a cracked radio bezel, and some nasty cuts in the cloth part of the seat.

Prior it looked this good:

Sorry I'm picture happy. It just PISSES me off because I work SO HARD to keep my cars nice. I even sit down gently to keep from wearing the side bolsters, and cover the dash and rear seat tops in the hot Sun, as well as weekly vacuuming and cleaning.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Jeramie

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That IS a SHO interior.. All 1995 Special Edition (SE) models came standard with it.

Most had an optional SHO spoiler out back too.

J

·
0 Posts
Your car is friggen awesome!
Makes me want to steal it... j/k
Sorry, bad joke, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Man it really makes you wonder sometimes.....I just can't imagine the mentality of someone who sees your belongings and just thinks "well I want that so I'm taking it away from him". It really gets to me!!

I was on a small college campus (Xavier University in Cincinnati) which had break in trouble (I was fortunate) one of my buddy's roommates had his car broken in to and they smashed the window to steal a flashlight and a screwdriver!!!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Dude that sucks!!! I know exactly how you feel about 4 months ago some a** hole got my h/u too. Sometimes I wish we could get all these dumbass people together and just castrate 'em all!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
I remember a story my dad used to tell me about his old Navy Seal buddy..

Remember he's a navy seal.. So he somehow finds this guy stealing the radio out of his mustang.. and notices most of the cars on the street have brocken windows.. (like a group steal) so he says, I'll let you go if you turn in the others.. of course the kid refuses, so Mr. Navy Seal man smashed his hand in the door jam of the mustang.. OUCH!!!

But I'm sure it was nothing more then the thief deserved..

I'd like to take this time to introduce a few ways of torturing theives..::

you can take an axe to their head, but that might get blood on your car:

you can simply take their head off...

My favorite, poking them in the eye with a stick..

but for the old school fighters you can always use hand to hand combat:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by 95SE@Mar 3 2004, 09:57 PM
That IS a SHO interior.. All 1995 Special Edition (SE) models came standard with it.

Most had an optional SHO spoiler out back too.
That's actually a SLO interior. The SHO interior has different cloth.

All 95' and some 94' SE's (Sport Edition) came with the rear spoiler as well as the crystalin headlights.

Not trying to be anal, but I figure I may as well excercise my brain.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Sorry to hear about the theft. Word of advice to all, if your vehicle (or anything for that matter) is broken into, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. Resist the desire to check your belongings, very valuable evidence and fingerprints can usually be taken from the vehicle. Do an inventory of belongings from outside, looking through windows, until all evidence that is present is collected, this can only help track down the person(s) responsible.

The typical "smash and grab" criminal does not have the forethought to use gloves, and sometimes leave a crime instrument at the scene.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hope you recover your belongings.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 37 Posts