Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS YESTO A REASONABLE REQUEST.
PM if your interested in anything.

Not exactly turning a profit. I will be adding lots of stuff. items as time goes on. Everything is usually shipped by the next day. If your car is down due to SJB problems I can have one in the mail the same day provided I am not working a double shift. FedEx is 3 blocks away & UPS 4 blocks away..USPS is not so close.
Homelink Rearview Autodimm mirrors.

Gentex 353 in the front with wedge mount $50 shipped
Gentex 313 Rt. with wedge mount $50
Gentex 346 Rear Lt. *Euro style with moddable screw mount.
$50 shipped. *

These Homelink mirrors didn't come from Fords Taurus's/Sables *However I can provide wire to spice in to your A-pillar harness. *

Gen 4.5 Medium Dark Parkment Leather steering wheel $75 Shipped or Best Offer.*

This wheel's leather has NOT been conditioned with Maguire's leather conditioner....yet. *It has a small wear mark, but this is the most show quality 4.5 Leather wheel I have ever pulled.

5 piece Sable Burl Woodgrain kit: $65 shipped

Bazel, shifter surround, switch covers, & Shifter knob with Chrome Lincoln base

*slight blemishes on parts are visible in the photos. Photos taken at all angles to show the 4 retaining clips on the woodgrain switch covers have not been glued & have not been broken. However the passenger cover will need some Krazy glue (on the base non-visible area) prior to attaching it to your door panel. I can do this upon request. Shifter surround has a small scatch. Shifter knob has a nic & few scratches. This light sable burl kit is already in the box and ready to be sealed & shipped. *I will also toss in a FREE (*Faux Sable Burl Steering wheel cover FREE with the purchase of this kit provided its still available.)

Black Lincoln Shifter knobs $20 OBO shipped
Rare Green Lincoln Shifter knob $25 OBO shipped

2004-2007 Gen4.5 Smart Junction Boxes $35. One is available.

DAYLIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS SJB 2004-2007 Gen 4.5 Smart Junction Box $50+shipping. 1 for sale.

The Platinum Edition Upgrade Package $135 Shipped/OBO

*Patinum Radio Bazel ....has a few tiny dings & will need an over spray of paint.
*Platinum The shifter surround...has few unnoticeable light scratches
*Graphite / Gray woodgrain steering wheel in very good condition
*Gray Lincoln Shifter Knob
*Gray Homelink visor
*Auto Dim Gentex 187 mirror with full wire harness
*Automatic headlight kit : Autolamp switch with Sunload sensor (sensor not pictured).
--> added Gray front carpets...or it was Gray until I power washed it.
$145 shipped for the Platinum Upgrade Bundle or Best Offer
$85 shipped for ONLY the Platinum bazel & Platinum Shifter surround.

OR

$90.00 shipped for the Woodgrain Grey steering wheel

*Power Drivers seat tracks

*Floor shift steering & Partial Column shift steering column

12/15 Midnight Black Leather seat skins should be available as part of a kit.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Power passenger from a 2006 Bull or Sable iirc. $90+shared shipping. My total cost was over $90. This was a very unpleasant day at the yard.
This video I recorded an hour ago shows the track working. I wasn't dressed appropriately to test the track so my bad.

The price reflects a bad decision to let a salvage yard mechanic remove the tracks from the car before a labour price could be negotiated. So I had to pay the mechanic the $60 labour fee he thought was fair. Plus the yards price for the track. Which $60 for labour is actually more than fair price for removing a power track without power tools in a salvage yard car with the utmost care. TMI. I didn't feel like foolin around for hours hurting my back, scratching my hands up or getting dress clothes dirty that day. If you don't have a battery to move the tracks it's a long knuckle busting & scraping fight. That was the the 2nd to last time I hired a JY mech. Anyway this track was in a "2006" and best condition among all the other 2 power pass. tracks that I have or have ever seen. This is my best spare. So if you want that extra leg room for your tall passenger so they stop getting knee capped everytime they ride in your Bull this is it. Is it worth $90 & shared shipping? Call your local Ford dealer parts department and find out :dunno: this certainly has to be double boxed due to the weight. I have a less expensive older track but I forgot where I have it stored.

Swapping out your manual for a power with power tools under the watchful eye of an experienced member should take 30 minutes or less. Seat surgery is easy with power tools. The Only challenge is the wiring decision to either tap in to the drivers power seat or run a fused dedicated cable that's always hot to the power passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Gen 4.0 Steering Wheels each

Ford Midnight Black 4.0
Mercury Dark Graphite 4.0

$69.99 each or Best Offer Shipped.

These 4.0 wheels go on with ease after removing 4 nuts & the wire harness. 10 minutes of careful work & you have an almost brand new mint leather steering wheel! They aren't perfect but practically show car quality. These are rare finds. I did spent 3 hours conditioning the leather with Maguires Rich Leather conditioner spray in case these don't move for a while. More HD photos of all angles of the wheels on my photobucket.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanyou Blkfordtaurusman.

I am so looking forward for this package and getting it installed!
Glad you got it installed.:thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
"SJB with free stuff" review

Okay,

I will take some time to review my experience buying from
Blkfordtaurusman.

I must admit I was a little apprehensive about buying outside the safehaven of ebay, but I went ahead anyway and Im glad I did.

Blkfordtaurusman somehow managed to ship my order, recall it,
drive home, stuff the box with a bunch of freebies, and re-ship again, all within 7 hours of getting my payment.

Talk about "customer service".

So in case you were hesitant to buy from a forum, make sure your first experience count and get it from Blkfordtaurusman.

Thanks man!

Glad you got it installed.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Is the Midnight black leather Gen 4.0 steering wheel actually Black or Grey?
Do you happen to have the upper air box lid for a 2000 Duratec (my maf sensor is still good)?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the Midnight black leather Gen 4.0 steering wheel actually Black or Grey?
Do you happen to have the upper air box lid for a 2000 Duratec (my maf sensor is still good)?
I don't have any Duratech engine items, just what's on the page. The steering wheel is Ford's Midnight black and it is not gray. Its Fords midnight black. Ford's midnight black is actually almost like a shade from being true black but not quite. Ford's gray is a lot lighter than midnight black.

This is what Ford's gray looks like. You can contrast the leather with the black cruise control buttons. As you can see its night & day lighter than midnight black.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'll take both Midnight black steering wheels - with and without wood. PM sent.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That last wheel looks ROYALLY BOSS!

.....But doesn't match my Medium Graphite Gray interior?
And $$
I'd love to come across a leather/no wood Gray '04+ wheel
As in this picture
Well it is ahem..."Thee Stuff". That Dark Graphite wood grain steering wheel is in really good condition. Funny thing about our G4's is the interior color patterns. Try counting the different shades of grey and you may be surprised...you may need to use both hands. When I bought my wood grain wheel for my tan interior when I went to install it I noticed it was a shade darker. So I used the matching airbag I bought with it and bought the 2 plastic steering column pieces to match and it wasn't really noticeable. If you can't find one there is always wheel skins; but then it still wouldn't match:dunno:Good luck on the hunt for a decent leather wheel. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ooh that upgrade kit is gonna be something special
Its amazing how you live in a land where high spec Bull parts just rain uponeth yourself

.......where they just don't exist here (eye rolling intensifies)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Its the 100's of trips to the yards up to an hour away and lots of providence. Being at the right place at the right time kinda thing. 50 times or so I drove a great way to the yard and there was no woodgrain and few G4's & fewer 4.5's without anything of value. I left the yard empty handed many times.

The kit will be put up for sale around 8/14. I still need to obtain 2 more critical parts. But yes indeed, this turn key super SEL kit is definitely something special to the right person.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Its amazing how you live in a land where high spec Bull parts just rain uponeth yourself

.......where they just don't exist here (eye rolling intensifies)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mike perhaps you were right all along. Eh...more rare back room/under the counter (not for sale....yet) items.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
any mach tweeters kicking around?
Yes but it will be park of a package deal. Try NyteFire I think he has a surplus of those. If Nyte doesn't work out maybe......I may part with them.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts