Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some blue gauges that goes 10,20,30,40 etc... As my old ones did that 20,40,60, etc...

I like them , they are pretty pimp

I noticed that the high beam lights didnt match up, so I cut the old one off of the old gauges, and then taped it onto the new gauges..

Yeah, there is a small light leak, but it is all good..

Then I took my pre-existing bezel, and painted it grey, seeing how I totally messed up the one that I ordered...

Here are some pics...

Here is the small light leak..

What yall think?

I still need the blue PRN(D)D1 thing.. So if anyone has one, I would like to buy it from them..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can't render a final judgment until you get us some night shots.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Dec 22 2003, 11:00 PM
How come your car runs so hot? Doesn't it get cold in Texas?

BTW, have you tried some electrical tape to cover up the light leak?
Hot ? that looks about right for my car when shes warmed up. Where you on that guage my hawkcock since you think its hot?? I'd like to see it lit up. I do like the tach tho it loks a littler easier to read.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Glad the install went good for you. I have the PRN(D)D1 thing for you. However, I misplaced it. I'm trying to find it. Try some electrical tape on the spot that is showing through.

If anyone else is interested in these I have them available. E-mail me for details.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by Kermitec+Dec 23 2003, 01:41 AM-->QUOTE (Kermitec @ Dec 23 2003, 01:41 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-mikehawk
@Dec 22 2003, 11:00 PM
How come your car runs so hot?  Doesn't it get cold in Texas? 

BTW, have you tried some electrical tape to cover up the light leak?
Hot ? that looks about right for my car when shes warmed up. Where you on that guage my hawkcock since you think its hot?? I'd like to see it lit up. I do like the tach tho it loks a littler easier to read. [/b]
err, yeah.. My bull, when she's warmed up, doesn't even shoot up that much. But heat is set on Hell and we all burn

Texas, remind me not to take my bull there. Weird things will happen.. like sweat....

(dont mind me, it's 4:39 AM and i just got in)

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by Kermitec@Dec 23 2003, 01:41 AM
Hot ? that looks about right for my car when shes warmed up. Where you on that guage my hawkcock since you think its hot??
I'm just saying on the 2nd and 4th pic it looks hot. Usually if I can keep the car moving the needle stays in the first 1/3 of normal. A few days ago when the weather dipped into the 40's, the hottest I could get the car was having the needle on the line on the bottom of the normal operating range, that was with a couple runs up past 120, too. If I get stuck in traffic or if it's hot out, the needle goes to just below half-way.

It might be because I have a cat back that gets rid of the exhaust heat faster. Or it could be because of the UDP that moves the coolant slower, letting it sit the radiator longer. I don't know. It just looks hot because I'm used to mine. I just figured it would run a little cooler since it's winter.

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I think that is about normal.. For my car...

Right now, it is about 70 F..

And I think your CatBack could have something to do with the temp...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Cool! I love the 10,20,30 mph incriments v.s. the 20 mph incriments. Thats one thing I disliked about the 00+ Taurus. But just when I think its a lost cause, we get a few in from Canada that had been de-Canadanaized (coverted to MPH from KPH) and it was the SAME cluster but in increments of 10! I was so happy I went down to the bank and got approved on a loan to buy one. They said "pick any one of 'em you want" but after a lot of heart-aching and worring, I elected not to purchase a new(er) car.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
*ALL* read this: *ALL* Taurus and Sable models should be in the MIDDLE of the temperature gauge. Thats where its normal. EVERY Taurus I have ever owned has been right in the middle, and that is where it should be. If your car does not show in the middle of the temperature gauge, there is probably something wrong with the gauge. And I'm not just guessing here. This is 100% correct info.

B

·
0 Posts
Or the cooling system. In the summer I run a 160 degree thermostat, and the gauge only goes up 1/4 of the way.

Kyle, check your PM's, I need your help on something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My car stays CONSTANTLY at the O or N in normal on my 93 (you all know where this is) and has to keep kickin the fan on all the time to cool it.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
No light job is complete until the night pics!!!!

Let's see them

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Are you moving with the hood up in that 3rd pic?

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you moving with the hood up in that 3rd pic?[/b]
Nope... Well, I am parked in my drive way, I had the hood up because I disconnected the battery.. I did that becuase I read in my Chitonls manual that the air bags could go off!

I dont know about that.. Because when I was fiddling with stuff.. I didt really mess with anything electrical.. So I am pulling out the

Also, this smile is really gay.. It looks like he is tring to squeeze out a fart!

MUCH BETTER!

·
Registered
102 Posts
i dont know whey all you temp gauge move. no matter if it 90 to right now 40 outside my temp gauge goes from C to the very middle and stays there no matter what. sometimes i think it broken. but its not. because it drops to c at night. i live in atl so i know hot and cold weather.

where are u people coming from?

·
Registered
486 Posts
:ttiwwop: AT NIGHT!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts