Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm thinking...I have a 1996 Taurus GL that just rolled over to 103,000 miles. I paid $2600 for it almost a year ago when i turned 16 and all I've needed was a battery, brakes, tires, and a rear sway bar link that popped off. But, it got hit recently and the accident was 50/50 fault (someone pulled out in front of me but a witness who was the persons own neighbor said i was speeding, bunch of BS) so anyways my insurance didnt pay for his car and his didnt pay for mine. The front driver fender is mangled and the mirror is loose, but the car is mechanically fine (estimate said $1600 worth of damage). Well I love my dads 02 Duratec Taurus so thats what I was hoping to hold out for (if i hang onto the GL for another year and put another 10,000 miles on the questionable tranny) or I can take the $2500, sell my GL to a friend for $1000 and buy a 97 Duratec Sable with 97,000 and a new tranny thats listed at $3200 but i can prolly get it cheaper...what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
478 Posts
are you sure that sable is a duratec?because it seems(to my eyes at least) to be missing the duratec fender badge..........

G

·
Not all Duratecs have side badges. Mine didn't. I bought them from the dealer and added em on.

If you're anything like me... get the SABLE!!

Sal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go for the sable, nothing like driving a car that isnt bootleg looking. Not too m any girls can appreciate the saying"it look like sh*t, but it runs great.." :lol2:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Sep 19 2004, 09:56 PM
Not all Duratecs have side badges. Mine didn't. I bought them from the dealer and added em on.
i sit corrected

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i passed a couple gen 3 sables on the way to school and realized I think my Taurus is an ulgy car, and the Sable looks even worse (IMO), so I'll wait a bit and either get a 00+ 'tec Taurus or a 3800-powered GM car (Intrigue or Grand Prix GT)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts