Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... for a rental! :p My car is in the body shop right now getting hail damage repaired, so I'll be without her for a couple days. :(

Anyways, the Sable is really nice, but the tranny needs to be pushed hard - the shifts are so soft and slushy, blech! I can definitely tell there are no SFC's or one of Bob's bars - but it handles pretty well. No flowmaster either, I forgot how quiet a vulcan could be. :lol: It has a nice power steering whine though. <_< Maybe I should take out the intake silencer before I give it back. :D :lol2:

I tried to rent a 2004 F-150 instead of a car, but they wouldn't let me - apparently you have to be 25 to rent anything other than a car. <_< :angry:

Oh well, anything I should check out or do with the Sable? :)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I need the motor!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
0-60, brake torqueing, reverse 180's, drifting, etc, jk. Are the rental car companies giving you ABS on the Sable?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHA, really? 25 to rent? Ford has been giving me cars AND trucks as rentals since I was 18! :lol:

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
I've rented an SUV with someone under 25. They didn't seem to have any problems. <_< Maybe it's a reigional thing?

-Kyle

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Nick986@Jun 22 2004, 11:48 AM
0-60, brake torqueing, reverse 180's, drifting, etc, jk. Are the rental car companies giving you ABS on the Sable?
I don't know - I'll have to check on the ABS. I know of a way to find out. :uptosumpn: :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Jun 22 2004, 12:10 PM
WHA, really? 25 to rent? Ford has been giving me cars AND trucks as rentals since I was 18! :lol:
Yeah, that REALLY made me mad - I was planning on having one of those sexy new F-150's to drive around for a couple of days. :angry: But the actual Ford dealerships have always given me whatever, but this was Enterprise. <_<

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Jun 22 2004, 09:10 AM
Well, when you start getting your mail at the dealership, because your car is there so much, they are nicer to you. :p j/k

*quickly putting on flame suit and running out the door*

But I am glad that you finally got everything worked out. You did get a new car right, I thought a Maxima, or something like that.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm really likin' the Sable. The 04 has a nice "refinement" about it IMHO. The alleged "revised" tranny is definitely different - it's something grandma might like, but not me. :lol: It is really smooth though and rides very nicely. :)

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
I like the 04 Taurus/Sable too. Make sure you get some pics!

I love the interior on the 04. The steering wheel is nice. It looks a lot like the Ford Five Hundred steering wheel. There is definitly a resemblence in my opinion. The instrument cluster is also very much like the one in the Five Hundred.

-Kyle

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Nick986@Jun 22 2004, 11:48 AM
To answer your question, yes the rental Sable does have ABS. :)

Any Kyle, I agree, the looks do resemble the 500. I'm really liking this Sable and I'm getting ideas because of it... but I shouldn't get a new car right now, lol

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
LOL...I know how that is. I'm ALWAYS wanting a new car. Sometimes I get my wish (my new Expedition....yayyyy!) but I keep having a delima with my Taurus. Should I get a new one? Keep it? Trade it? Sell it? :eek: It's so confusing!!!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Jun 22 2004, 09:10 PM
LOL...I know how that is. I'm ALWAYS wanting a new car. Sometimes I get my wish (my new Expedition....yayyyy!) but I keep having a delima with my Taurus. Should I get a new one? Keep it? Trade it? Sell it? :eek: It's so confusing!!!!!!
LOL, yeah - today I tried to buy a 95 5.0L Mustang that I shouldn't have tried for, lol!! But I didn't :(

Anyways... if you can afford it, I say keep the Taurus! IMHO, the more cars the merrier! Plus, if you ever get in a pinch for cash you have something large to sell. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts