Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since i start school in january and will have a 60 mile round trip and since my sable aint goin to be worth crap in the winter lowered i needed a little fuel efficient car... i found a tempo i liked and was going to buy it untill my dad offered me his contour for only 500 it runs and drives great. got the 2.0 zetec with mtx (which i need to learn how to drive now lol) its got a new head gasket and radiator hoses should provide pretty reliable transportation.. i will have more pics up either today or tommorow along with some more info

i guess i will have all the pics later the forum and my comp are working against me lol

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car is a 1997 its green with kinda a grey interior it is in pretty good shape a couple little dents and scratches it was rear ended before my dad bought it it has new tailights but the trunk is dented in pretty good and there are two cracks in the bumper i have a 98 trunklid i need to paint then it can go on the car. i want to put some good foglights on the front since it has the holes for it, anybody know a good brand? also i think i am going to put my cd player from my bronco in there and maybe the amp and sub i had planned for my sable... if anyone has any ideas ohn some mods i could do let me know

for some reason when i try to load a pic it says down by the attachments that the global filespace is only 483.98mb so i cant post any pics all i have are 1024x768 pics of it and dont have the software to resize them anymore

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You cannot post a file larger that 200kb per post. If you want picture resizer, free, for Windows: http://www.irfanview.com/

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
or you can upload them to photobucket and resize them there online with your browser.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so has the rules changed or something cause i have always posted pics that size with out problems?? anyway i suppose i could link them too

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some more pics

foggy head lights

smashed deck lid got a new one just got to paint it

lock is broken because of accident. got to figure out if i can fix it yet

cracks in the bumper... not a big deal unless i can find a green rear bumper cover for cheap

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am finally getting the hang of the stick shift lol i think i am going to be glad i bought this car just need to get a gauge cluster out of a 97 mystique with the zetec

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will try to get some inertior shot tomorrow as long as i dont forget it is pretty basic a couple things missing a couple broken things but no tears or rips that i noticed

i also cleared up the headlights a little today the drivers side looks alot better the pass side one has a lot of moisture in it so idk i may have to replace that one... i just used some maas metal polish

before

after

before

after

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i needed a break from the sable so worked on the contour today here are some pics

i pulled the dent out looks much better now imo need to find a new lock the old one is shot any ideas where i can find one?

new grille made from gutter gaurde also notice the fog light delete covers also put mesh on them

interior pics i promised

also does anyone know why this is green? flex fuel maybe? never seen it on a ford before

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Nice, I miss my Contour still...

I dunno why your filler tube has a green thing inside of it. The only FFV Contours used CNG, but it had a special filler for that. Might just be the design of the filler tube, I don't remember a green one on mine though.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well it looks like my dad is probably bringing my new trunk lid home with him tomorrow idk if it will be light blue or if they will have had time to paint it so i guess we will see lol

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Looking good!
Nothing like a good rehab of a beater!

Is that a LeBaron I spy?
Looks like a nice car!
I've always wanted one...

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah the lebaron was my dd for a few months a couple years back it never ran right (smoked overheated) and only had first gear due to the theft deturant the previous owner spliced into the starter relay... i tore it down last school year put new head gaskets in it and got it back together i had them pressure tested but they screwed it up and told me they were good so i put it back together, it ran just like before... so it needs new heads, but i did get the tranny fixed. we had a 93 for a little while too sold it about a year ago though.. would like to get mine going again and sold next summer so if you are comin to mn i could find you a cheap lebaron lol

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
haha, I'm not planning any trips to MN any time soon.
But, I did spend a small amt of time trying to find one for me and then one for a friend of mine this summer.

He never found one he was happy with, and I ended up finding my 2001 Intrepid SE for $300, so the dream never happened for either of us.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wow, i cant believe you did the grill before other things....thats def not a must do. GL with the rest of the stuff..

About the headlight, why not try to open them and sand them...its gunan hurt to try as they are pretty bad as is.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there really isnt much i can due to this car right now... i needed a break from my sable and i had the mesh laying around it only took me like a half hour. there really are no must do things on this car besides exhaust manifold which is cracked but patched... this was my dads car and if you knew my dad he takes extremely good care of his cars mechanically. i was thinking i would just get new headlights they are like 35 bucks a set on ebay i just tried clearing them up until i can afford to get new ones... which wont be untill after i sell my grand prix... this is my beater so most (not all) mods will be functional i only payed 500 for the car and everything on the car works perfect

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I like how you made the grill and mesh look over the foglight delete, looks sporty =)

and +1 on lebarons, my mom has a 88, At least once a week she needs me to come get her at work beacuse the car wont start, and when it runs, the speedo doesnt work, and the car clunks down the road, and you need to WOT it for about 10 seconds to get to 45.

and she tells me shes getting 35 mpg in it cuz whats what the readout says, even knowing ive explained to her many times its not accurate at all :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts