Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking in my glove compartment trying to figure out if I could get to the antenna wire and I saw thise weird looking box. It's in this really bright blue color, almost teal, and it has a sheet of plastic wrapped around it. It was on the right-hand side of the glove compartment. I was kinda curious about this thing. It kinda looks like an amp. Would this thing be the "Lamp Out" module (although I don't have a "Lamp Out" light)? I don't have pics at the moment. It was kinda weird because of the color. If it was gray or black, I probably would have ignored it.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I hope you don't have anyone really against you for anything. Did you hear a ticking sound?

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
No i believe what you are talking about is your airbag control module. ITs small right ? Maybe an 1.25" thick right? Yeah I am pretty sure that is your airbag module. I wouldn't mess around with that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yup, definitely the airbag module. Somehow I fried one on my old '93.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Originally posted by Ryne@Jan 16 2004, 07:31 PM
you would... lol
Hey now, What's that supposed to mean?
I know what I'm doing. IIRC, I was tracing an engine code that turned out to be the PFE sensor (big surprise, huh), and for whatever reason, after I fixed that problem I got an airbag light. Pulled the module and removed that blue plastic cover, and sure enough one of the circuits was totally burned up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts