Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did my first 2 races in my ford taurus 1995 v6 3.8, i raced aginst a VW Passat witch i totaly killed he dident stand a chance although he could beat me off the start but he dident, then i raced a Ford focus and i killed him although he manged keep up for the first bit then i pulled away from him and one the race. its so fun and addicting i going to do it some more after i build my motor up. :D :D :blink: :D :blink:

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Jul 6 2004, 08:57 AM
Street racing is bad... but then again im not one to talk... <_< (these is no shifty eye smilie guy)
Street racing is only bad when bad stuff happens. Otherwise, it's a victimless crime.

The closest I can find to shifty-eye smiley is this :evil_grin:

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
racing is really addicting...after i started street racing i've been wanting to go to the track to see how fast the car accutally is....maybe i'll go to the under the lights thing at milan

·
Registered
27 Posts
racing is addicting

racing is why i lost 4th gear in my taurus and why my car sucks

dont race with a taurus
its a family car

but if u know u will win
slam the gas and let the torque do the rest

·
Registered
397 Posts
VW passat?

Well i don't know how fast they are, but a Taurus still beats it in many ways -
Looks, comfort, room,

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by impatient95@Jul 7 2004, 08:47 AM
VW passat?

Looks, comfort, room,
You Kidden? Passat's are fast,look good and are comfortable. They are a little smaller than a Taurus though. EXCELLENT quality. A passat 1.8T has like 190 hp.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by snakeeyes+Jul 7 2004, 03:13 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snakeeyes @ Jul 7 2004, 03:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-impatient95@Jul 7 2004, 08:47 AM
VW passat?

Looks, comfort, room,
You Kidden? Passat's are fast,look good and are comfortable. They are a little smaller than a Taurus though. EXCELLENT quality. A passat 1.8T has like 190 hp. [/b][/quote]
Isn't there a v8 option in the new passats that will give it like 270hp?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk+Jul 7 2004, 05:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mikehawk @ Jul 7 2004, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2004, 03:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-impatient95
@Jul 7 2004, 08:47 AM
VW passat?

Looks, comfort, room,

You Kidden? Passat's are fast,look good and are comfortable. They are a little smaller than a Taurus though. EXCELLENT quality. A passat 1.8T has like 190 hp.
Isn't there a v8 option in the new passats that will give it like 270hp? [/b][/quote]
W8 :D :D Is that cool as **** or what? Remember when I got in trouble for posting Ford is suckin hind ***? LOL

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
racing is addicting

racing is why i lost 4th gear in my taurus and why my car sucks

dont race with a taurus
its a family car
dude how did you lose 4th gear racing?

Don't take this the wrong way I mean this in good faith

But why not race with a taurus
its a family car!!??? dude thats some poor logic.
so what if its a family car
A grand prix GTP Comp G is also a family car.
A Nissan maxima is a family car.
A SRT-4 is a family car.
A SHO is a family car are you gonna tell People like Paul Nimz or Larry Eck or teh BOB for that matter that they should not race the SHOs because they are a family car? BTW Anonda was running around gingerman raceway in her 97 vulcan

I love the family car oh so sleeper image.

for a taurus all you have to do is get a auxillary trans cooler and go to town.

have fun with the family car. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
i beat my brother a week ago racing he has a 95 taurus w/ a 3.8 and i have a 95 sable w/ a 3.0. the only reason i won though was b/c i used to street race in HS driving a boxy lookin volvo. :D hey i won a few. :zoomsmiley:

racing is 1/4 car 3/4 driver. aka u gotta know what ur doin. BTW there is nuthin wrong w/ gettin a "family car" and makin it faster to race. family cars are cheaper on your insurance than a coupe anyway.

people are getting stupider by the year when it comes to street racing my friends and i started in HS just after fast and the furious came out. by the time we grad 2 years ago kids that were just startin to race were pullin that wrong side of the road crap like in the movie. true i did that to but not startin off i waited til i got better at driving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts