Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so last night I graduated high school and went to the grad night party. Well, about two hours into the party, I realized my keys weren't in my pocket. I started panicing. After looking for them, I couldn't find it. Then I realized, "OMG, I locked them in the car!" So, I rush out to my car and look in the passenger side and sure enough, they were in the ignition and all the doors were locked! Now the obscenities were flying! Ok, now I go back to the party and ask for help. The cops couldn't help me because they didn't carry those tools. And it was after midnight so I didn't want to call my parents and wake them up because I did something so stupid so I tried to find a metal coat hanger. My friend said he might be able to help me break in if I left the window cracked open a bit. At that moment, I didn't recall if the window was down or not. I eventually found a coat hanger and bent it straight. We went back to the car and found out the window wasn't cracked. So we tried to pry the seal apart (where the door meets the body) and that didn't work too well. My friend put a one inch scratch in my car from messing with the coat hanger. So he trys to slim-jim it with the coat hanger, but that doesn't work because there's a plastic sheet inside the door. He tries to get it out, but the stupid hanger got caught by the window. We got it out with some force. So he leaves to get a flashlight. Then I try again. I know there's a spot in the B-pillar near the window where the weatherstripping has a gap in it. I got it in, but it wasn't long enough to hit the power lock button and I couldn't get it to the top of the door. So, I had an idea. If I couldn't slim-jim it from the outside, maybe I could do it from the inside. The hanger already had a hook bent into a V from before when we tried to slim-jim it from the outside. I know the door panel is a little loose so I jam that hanger inbetween the door and panel and slid it in. Then I fished around for the lock mechanisim. I was just randomly pulling the hanger up and down and caught the lock plunger and I pulled it up half way! That was just enough to unlock the door! I was so happy I let out a scream of joy! I was so happy! I got my keys and ran back to the party. It took me half an hour and I felt pretty stupid, but I felt I was the king of the world when I got my keys back! Now I've got an amazing story to tell. Everyone that walked by was very curious about what my friend and I was doing and most of them knew me, so I told them I was breaking and entering and gonna steal the car. I'm pretty happy.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
LOL Al!!!!!!! So thats how you finish high school. Locking the damn keys in your car! :lol: Did we have a little too much to drink? jk. So hows it feel to be done with High School?lol Sounds like a great way to the end the evening. How you gona fix the scratch? Make him pay?lol. Thats the funniest thing ive read all day Congrats Al, you have a second way to enter your car now :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I forgot the keys because it was only in the ignition half way so the dinging would stop. I was too busy trying to my my ID and ticket away so I put the keys in the ignition to free my hands. I should have put it in my pokcets, but it's kinda hard when I'm sitting.

Meh, screw the scratch. I'll probably fix it with some touch-up paint (I already have a poorly painted section of touchup paint on the same door). Yeah, if I ever lock my keys in there again, I'll need a metal coat hanger (which are pretty hard to find nowadays).

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
If if the front doors/locking mechanism on your Gen 2 Sable are anything like those on a Gen 2 Taurus, there's a much easier/faster way to get in . . . providing you have the right tool. :evil_grin:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can't even count how many times I've locked my keys in my car. I have to have spares all over the place. This one was my buddies fault. It was right at the end of a snowmobiling weekend. We needed to catch a ferry, or wait several hours for the next. What timing! Luckily the door was still slightly ajar and it wasn't all that difficult to punch right thru the weatherstripping and hit the power lock.

Attachments

G

·
AHH its nice to have the push button entry lol! I have already locked my keys in and its such a nice feature to have!

I locked them in my 1988 Eddie Bauer Bronco before lol that was so easy to break in to it!

G

·
AHH its nice to have the push button entry lol! I have already locked my keys in and its such a nice feature to have!

I locked them in my 1988 Eddie Bauer Bronco before lol that was so easy to break in to it!

G

·
If you guys dont have the keypad, I highly suggest upgrading to it. Sometimes in the morning, I start my car then lock it so that it can warm up. Then I come back 3 mins later, use the keypad to unlock and I'm off.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000+Jun 6 2004, 10:20 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SEL2000 @ Jun 6 2004, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I locked them in my 1988 Eddie Bauer Bronco before lol that was so easy to break in to it![/b]

I used to have an 82 and an 85 bronco before that i broke into when i locked my keys in them so i can vouch for it being easy.

<!--QuoteBegin-XLSuruaT
@Jun 6 2004, 02:16 PM
If you guys dont have the keypad, I highly suggest upgrading to it.  Sometimes in the morning, I start my car then lock it so that it can warm up.  Then I come back 3 mins later, use the keypad to unlock and I'm off.[/quote]

I do the same thing in the winter when the garage is full and can't park inside. very nice feature.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a forgetful person so if I did have the number pad, chances are I'd forget the code and I'd still be screwed.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Jun 6 2004, 03:16 PM
If you guys dont have the keypad, I highly suggest upgrading to it. Sometimes in the morning, I start my car then lock it so that it can warm up. Then I come back 3 mins later, use the keypad to unlock and I'm off.
I've got remote start.

But the keypad on the door would be handy. Can't say that I looks of it though.

G

·
I start my car then lock it so that it can warm up. Then I come back 3 mins later, use the keypad to unlock and I'm off.
forget that, get remote start! highly recommended! ;)

I also have remote start, its a very nice feature to have

1 - 12 of 12 Posts