Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Taurus SE-S with the Duratec engine.

I broke off a part from a hose tee. It looks like its a rubber hose, but it's plastic-y. It's a large, approximately 2" coolant tee (or 'y') that has a small feed on the top of it. I broke it while (successully) trying to remove my manifold to replace spark plugs. Don't know how it broke, but I must have leaned on the hose feeding it and the 10 year old part just snapped.

Can anyone identify the part and/or recommend a solution? I'm assuming it'll have to be replaced.

It sits just to the lower right hand side of the engine. I've attached a photo.

The circled area shows the hose part that seems to need replacing. The arrows point to what has broken off and the hose that once connected into it.

I'll provide better photos if I can, but I'm not sure I can...

Thank you in advance. I'll need to know if this is a dealer part or something I can get at an Advance Auto, NAPA, or Autozone.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna lose a lot of coolant, won't I? I can't figure out any good way of replacing that piece without flooding out the coolant.

I guess it could be worse...

Thanks again. I already purchased the part for pickup tomorrow morning for $28.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I replaced the hose, what a pain THAT was. Those hose clamps will be the end of me.

The small hose that ties to this hose assembly, do you know the part number for that, or can I just cut a hose to length and use that. It seems to have to 90 degree bends in it, which may have just hardened over time. (I could not get the broken plastic nipple out from inside the hose. It just started breaking apart.)

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.