Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I did something today I thought I'd never ever do. I bought a station wagon. Its a 1990 Mercury Sable GS wagon with the 3.0 V6.
Here's how it happened...
It was just a regular day, delivering auto parts for NAPA. I had to make a delivery to this little used car lot we go to all the time, nothing special. As I was walking in I noticed this old Sable sitting there looking pitiful, some rust, dirty, the usual stuff.
After we took care of business, I jokingly asked the owner how much he wanted for it. He started laughing and asked if I was serious after I said I was he said "I forgot, you actually like those damn tauruses dont you". (I guess not everyone likes them as much as us.) :p
Now came the fun part, negotiating the price. He started at a thousand cash, when I started to walk out, he stopped me and asked what I would give for it. Just for kicks and giggles I said 400. He just looked at me for a minute and said "when are you going to pick it up?"
So I went back tonight and test drove it and the thing drives like a new car! The engine sounds good and the tranny actually works :D and the inside is still really nice. So I think I got a pretty good car for $400, now what can I do with it? Is it possible to make a gen 1 wagon look cool? Let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
here ya go

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess I dont have to worry about anyone stealing this thing. :D
I guess I was trying to be positive about owning this car when I asked if it could look cool, (it was kind of an "impulse buy") :) however I do like the pic that Silver Knight posted. I had something like that in mind. Im going to put a bra on it for sure because the front is all marked up.
I cant get rid of the light bar, thats what makes a Sable... well a Sable. I checked on light bulbs for it today at work and they are 9 bucks a piece, and theres 4 of them! I guess thats why Ive never seen a Sable with a lightbar that works. :p
For now Im going to drive the thing this winter and park my 93 Taurus since thats supposed to be my good car. Besides the wagon might have an accedent in the snow. ;)
See ya

Dave

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thumper is fricken awesome. My car could never be that nice. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts