Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this forum the other day and I have a 2001 Ford Taurus SES that has the 3.0L vulcan. As of now, the only modifications that I have are that my windows are tinted and that I have a body kit installed on it.

I would really like for my car to perform better. A little more horsepower would be nice.

If you have any suggestions for quick modifications that I can do myself without having to get it done professionally, I would appreciate them.

I come from a racing family, so I do know my way around a car, but I would just like to know what works the best in the form of modifications.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Someones gonna tell you this sooner or later so use the search option....ya this thread is probably gonna be locked
but here are some things you can do:
-Cold Air Intake and or just get a K&N filter and rip out the air intake silencer
-Exhaust: New mufflers, heard flowmaster 40s work great, even better with a catback exhaust and catless y-pipes should add some extra power too
-Torque strap are a cheap way of getting more power
-heard lots of great things about American motorsport chips
-SHOZ123 makes VAK units (vacuum accessory killswitch) (gen4's not sure)
-Bob makes FSTB and subframe connectors (gen4's not sure)
-port and polish, roller rockers....lots of stuff you can do

By the way lookin good :banana: .....except youre car looks kinda like a camry... :(

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Welcome. Im glad you know your way around a car...it help alot considering many of these mods are DYI. It aslo helps to know your way around the "search button"

The above mentioned mods are a great start, and feel free to PM people with questions or check out the "Garage" link att he top of the page. In this forum, right below your post, there are several topics on this exact subject. Don't even need to hit the search button! :lol2:

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.