Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have done some basic add-ons and mods to my Kodiak Brown Metallic 2013 SE car. I love this car and the way it looks. I wanted to share pictures so you can see them. I done them all by myself with the exception of the sub amp wiring, which I had an expert, wired it all for me for $100, including the installation (supplies by me as well as all the wires) of a Radio to Amp RCA Converter / Adapter for the sub. Also, the LEDs in the cup holders look amazing and colorful when darker; I took these pictures in a sunny day, and do no justice to this particular add-on (I tapped to the light in the gear indicator for power). The blue-illuminated switch control all my accessories (since the power outlets are always-on and I did not wanna be plugging and unplugging all my crap). The switch controls my dash cam, radar detector, rear view mirror/camera, GPS, and Bluetooth. This is what I have done....

1) 12' rear mounted sub, narrow box.
2) CD mounted phone holder
3) Bluetooth device (connects to Aux for audio and provides a cable for IPhone charging).
4) Switch to control accessories
5) LEDs in all cup holder and floors
6) OEM DRLs
7) 7" GPS with arm bracket
8) HUD
9) Rear Trunk Spoiler
10) Rear Window Wing
11) Dash Cam
12) Tinted Glass, Grey 35% all-around.

I will answer any questions. Next thing I want to do is lower it with 1.5” Drop Springs, but I need advice about how to solve any camber issues, which I bet I will have. I also planning to paint the wheels in Gun Metal Grey (and clear coat), "debadge" it, Amber signal lights in fender chrome molding, and install a mesh front grill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beautifully done with a really elegant installation. I really like your DASH CAM with the rear view mirror integration. If you don't mind could you share the make and model? I use my iPhone for navigation and am currently looking for a goose neck iPhone mount that will drop into the small cup holder that is closest to the dash in my 2015 SE. If I need to, I can fabricate one without much effort.

I am planning to put in a blackout front grill. My wife is an Artist and she'd like to custom paint oval badge(s) with a Tuxedo Black Metallic background and a cool "BULL" graphic. Not sure if we want to leave the blacked-out front grill "badgeless" and just replace the rear Oval. Or just put the custom Oval on the blacked-out grill and remove the Oval off the rear completely as part of a complete debadge. thanks to anyone that might have some input.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautifully done with a really elegant installation. I really like your DASH CAM with the rear view mirror integration. If you don't mind could you share the make and model? I use my iPhone for navigation and am currently looking for a goose neck iPhone mount that will drop into the small cup holder that is closest to the dash in my 2015 SE. If I need to, I can fabricate one without much effort.

I am planning to put in a blackout front grill. My wife is an Artist and she'd like to custom paint oval badge(s) with a Tuxedo Black Metallic background and a cool "BULL" graphic. Not sure if we want to leave the blacked-out front grill "badgeless" and just replace the rear Oval. Or just put the custom Oval on the blacked-out grill and remove the Oval off the rear completely as part of a complete debadge. thanks to anyone that might have some input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts