Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work with the local Public Health department and they just took owner ship of 1 brand new off the lot (26miles) 2011 Taurus. Basic model. I am in :wub:. The power, oh the power... The ride so soft and smooth. Looks so sleek.. oh god I want one. I got to take it for a test drive this morning (befrore anyone else, besides driving from dealer). The boss says, so Rich, the IT mobile (I am am IT Analyst) needs to go to the shop for service (96 Contour). I think you should follow me there in the taurus please. I said OK!! So I followed him to the shop and got the best car ride experience of my life. I am in love with the taurus all over again and this was not even the sho model. I poped the hood and it was so clean and shade tree mechanic friendly. Now I know on the older tec' motor the intake runners where 3 and the vul where 6 smaller intake runners. This car had no sho badge but the intake had 3 runners. Does the new taurus come with the tec intake or thats just how the vulcs are now made that is assuming the standard 6 is a vulc. The trunk is easly a 4 ro 5 body trunk :x:.

I just thought I would share my first experience in driving the new 2011 taurus. :chili: :chili:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Glad you got to drive the new Bull! How does it feel around the bends, does it feel big? I might have to test drive one myself just for fun.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know what it felt just like my g4. Real tight around corners. For the first few minutes it felt huge but after driving for a few miles it was like the car was part of me and I felt like I had complete control. It felt so safe. My boss said that when he seen me coming up behind him the car seemed to have a real aggresive stance. Go FORD! Very stable and stiff, I could not feel any body roll or anyting like that. The over all ride was very smooth and I felt almost no road conditions. Road noise was almost non existent. The power band was awesome. The down shift was so quick and power was there. I really noticed the low end after it shifted to 2nd. Holy moly it almost scared me a bit when the power kicked in when 2nd hit. My hands where sweaty and heart was racing. It was awesome. You guys that have test drove or own a sho must be shitting yourselves everytime you put the pedal through the firewall.

There was 2 things that I did not care for and that was the exhaust sound. It sounded so wimpy and pathetic. Nothing a nice magna flow or flow master won't fix. The door handle from the inside where you grab to shut the door was way to far forward. It actually felt like I was tyring to shut the door from the front door hinge. I had to use some real force to shut it. The handle should be moved back to where the g4 handle grab is. For exmaple next time your inside the taurus grab by the driver mirror (not the mirror) on the door where the window goes up and down and try to close it from there. Then close it normally. You'll understand what I mean.

I may have to do some work in chico today or tomorrow so I will get to take it on the hwy for some real W/O running. Speedo shows 140mph doubt I'll take it to the max but I will run it good. I am real curious as to it's handling on the highway and it's over all power in the higher gears. I will soon find out :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
QUOTE (I own a Torres :) @ Jun 2 2010, 11:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808706
I poped the hood and it was so clean and shade tree mechanic friendly. Now I know on the older tec' motor the intake runners where 3 and the vul where 6 smaller intake runners. This car had no sho badge but the intake had 3 runners. Does the new taurus come with the tec intake or thats just how the vulcs are now made that is assuming the standard 6 is a vulc.[/b]

It's called a Duratec, but it's a different engine. 3.5l vs 3.0l

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (I own a Torres :) @ Jun 2 2010, 04:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808783
I see there is no 3.0 both SHO and Standard carry the tec motors. :wub:
Nice little motor comparision from ford: http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/taurus/sp...cations/engine/

That explains the 3 intake runners. That just makes me want it even more. I have yet to be a tec owner but hope to one day.

I have some pics of th emotor and car if anyone is interested in them.[/b]
:worthlesswithoutpics[1]:

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (I own a Torres :) @ Jun 2 2010, 01:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808728
You know what it felt just like my g4. Real tight around corners. For the first few minutes it felt huge but after driving for a few miles it was like the car was part of me and I felt like I had complete control. It felt so safe. My boss said that when he seen me coming up behind him the car seemed to have a real aggresive stance. Go FORD! Very stable and stiff, I could not feel any body roll or anyting like that. The over all ride was very smooth and I felt almost no road conditions. Road noise was almost non existent. The power band was awesome. The down shift was so quick and power was there. I really noticed the low end after it shifted to 2nd. Holy moly it almost scared me a bit when the power kicked in when 2nd hit. My hands where sweaty and heart was racing. It was awesome. You guys that have test drove or own a sho must be shitting yourselves everytime you put the pedal through the firewall.

There was 2 things that I did not care for and that was the exhaust sound. It sounded so wimpy and pathetic. Nothing a nice magna flow or flow master won't fix. The door handle from the inside where you grab to shut the door was way to far forward. It actually felt like I was tyring to shut the door from the front door hinge. I had to use some real force to shut it. The handle should be moved back to where the g4 handle grab is. For exmaple next time your inside the taurus grab by the driver mirror (not the mirror) on the door where the window goes up and down and try to close it from there. Then close it normally. You'll understand what I mean.

I may have to do some work in chico today or tomorrow so I will get to take it on the hwy for some real W/O running. Speedo shows 140mph doubt I'll take it to the max but I will run it good. I am real curious as to it's handling on the highway and it's over all power in the higher gears. I will soon find out :)[/b]
I just bought a 10 SEL & agree that the ride is smooth & very quiet. Except for a few differences in equipment packaging, the 10 & 11 are virtually the same. My dealer has two 11's on the lot, an SE & an SHO. I had hoped to get an SHO, but the budget wouldn't allow it this time around. I'm surprised at how powerful the car feels & hard to imagine the SHO performance.
To me, the inside handle feels fine. I have long arms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts